- MSc Agricultural Economics, UZ
- BSc Honours Agriculture (Agric Economics) – UZ
- Diploma in Agriculture – Gwebi
Phone: +263 779 600 660, +263 719 600 660
WhatsApp number: +263 779 600 660
Email address: email@example.com
Agricultural economics lecturer and consultant specializing in agribusiness and farm enterprise development, agricultural finance and farm accounting, marketing and agricultural value chain development, project monitoring and evaluation, quantitative and qualitative socio-economic research as well as computerized statistical data management and analysis, inter alia.
Current and most recent research
- Financial inclusion initiatives in smallholder agriculture
- Value chain development of indigenous chickens
- Irrigation policy and impact assessment of smallholder irrigation schemes
- 20 years of management, lectureship, research and consultancy work experience in Private Sector, Universities, NGOs and International Research Centres in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- GTZ Postgraduate Scholarship (UZ, 2000)
- First class award, BSc Agricultural Economics (UZ, 2000)
- University Book Prize for Best Student (UZ, 1999)
- Prize for Best Agricultural Practice Student (UZ, 1999)
- University Book Prize for Best Student (UZ, 1997)
- First class award, Diploma in Agriculture (Gwebi, 1996)
- Natural Resources Board Trophy for Best Project (Gwebi,1996)
- Govere Ignatius (2007). Land and Agrarian Reform and Economic Development, in Land and Agrarian Policy Analysis Training Manual, African Institute for Agrarian Studies, Harare.
- Govere, I. Why Do Smallholder Irrigation Schemes Fail in Developing Countries? A Proposed Model for Managing Smallholder Irrigation Schemes in Zimbabwe. Manuscript accepted 18 April 2021, Modern Concepts and Developments in Agronomy, Crimson Publishers.
- Chigunhah, B.R., Svotwa, E., Munyoro, G., & Govere, I. (2020). The determinants of credit demand among farmers in Hurungwe District of Mashonaland West Province in Zimbabwe. Journal of Economics and International Finance 12 (2): pp 74-83. https://doi.org/10.5897/JEIF2020.1033.
- Chigunhah, B.R., Svotwa, E., Munyoro, G., Mabvure, T.J., and Govere, I. (2020). Private capital formation activities and bank credit access among farmers in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues 10 (3): pp 225-235. https://doi.org/10.32479/ijefi.9751
- Chigunhah Blessing Ropafadzo, Svotwa Ezekia, Munyoro Gerald, Mabvure Tendai Joseph and Govere Ignatius (2020). Characterization of bank lending requirements for farmers in Zimbabwe. Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, 10(2), 628-644.
- Chigunhah Blessing Ropafadzo1*, Svotwa E.2, Govere I.3 and Chikazhe L.4 (2020). Stimulating farmer access to bank credit in Zimbabwe: The bankers’ perspective, Accepted 2 July, 2020
- Manzvera J, L. Musemwa, I. Govere and P. Matsika (2019). Profitability and factors affecting groundnut production under irrigation in Zimbabwe. Makerere University Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Vol. 8. pp. 32 – 43, 2019
- Govere, I. and G. Uwera (2017). Farm productivity and profitability in Rwanda: The case of ISAE farms, Rwanda Journal of Agricultural Research, Busogo, Rwanda
- Govere Ignatius, Richard Foti, Edward Mutandwa, Arnold B. Mashingaidze and Evison Bhebhe (2009). Policy Perspectives on the Role of Government in the Distribution of Agricultural Inputs to Farmers: Lessons from Zimbabwe, International NGO Journal Vol. 4 (10), pp. -, November 2009, Academic Journals, ISSN 1993-8225 © 2009, Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/ingoj
- Foti Richard, Ignatius Govere, Edward Mutandwa, Patrice Mugenzi and Nyararai Mlambo, Determinants of participation in pest management groups by smallholder cotton producers in Zimbabwe, International NGO Journal Vol. 4 (5), pp. 203-206, May, 2009, Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/AJBM/
- Mutandwa Edward, Nathan Kanuma, Emmanual Rusatira, Theophile Kwiringirimana, Patrice Mugenzi, Ignatius Govere and Richard Foti, Analysis of coffee export marketing in Rwanda: Application of the Boston consulting group matrix, African Journal of Business Management Vol. 3 (5), pp. 210-219, May 2009, Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/AJBM/
- Govere Ignatius and Emmanuel Guveya (2002). The potential value of improved tree fallow agroforestry technologies in the conservation of natural Miombo woodlands in eastern Zambia. Working Paper, University Publications, University of Zimbabwe.
- Govere Ignatius and Lovemore Rugube (2001). A Socio-Economic Analysis of the Causes, Indications and Solutions to Poverty, The Case of Mbare High Density Suburb, A Money-Metric, Econometric Approach, Working Paper, University Publications, University of Zimbabwe.
Published Policy Papers and Reports
- Govere Ignatius, Manene Tov and Muzvuve Matthew (2021). SIRP Annual Outcome and Impact Survey Report for the Zimbabwe Smallholder Irrigation and Revitalization Programme, MOLAFWRR / IFAD / OFID.
- Nyamadzawo, G and I. Govere (2019). Fire Management Experiences in Mashonaland Central, Zimbabwe, Report for the Environmental Management Agency, Harare
- Govere Ignatius (2009). Should the Government Distribute Agricultural Inputs to Farmers? Land and Resource Rights Dialogue Policy Paper, African Institute for Agrarian Studies/ Zimbabwe Project Trust, Harare.
- Mashingaidze Arnold and Ignatius Govere (2006). Monitoring and Evaluation of NGO Efforts to Demonstrate and Promote Conservation Agriculture in the Northern Districts of Zimbabwe, FAO Emergency Unit, Harare.
Seminar and Conference Papers
- Proposed Model and Legal Framework for the Warehouse Receipt System (WRS) in Zimbabwe, The Case for a Regulated Electronic Warehouse Receipt System, Paper Presented at the RBZ Financial Inclusion Thematic Working Group on Rural and Agricultural Finance and Development on 24 April 2018, at the RBZ Building, Harare
- Categorization of Smallholder Farmers for Targeting of Financial Inclusion Strategies in Zimbabwe, Paper Submitted to the RBZ Financial Inclusion Thematic Working Group on Rural and Agricultural Finance and Development, 2018, Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, Harare
- Entrepreneurship and Farm Enterprise Development, VI-LIFI Programme, 23-25 November 2011, Hilltop Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda
- Alternative Approaches to Free and Subsidized Distribution of Agricultural Inputs to Farmers in Rwanda: policy and implementation experiences from Zimbabwe, Paper presented at the 193rd University of Rwanda International Conference on Food and Nutrition Security and Integrated Pest Management, November 2-4, 2010, Huye, Rwanda, Available on http://www.conference.nur.ac.rw/NUR-ISRC-2010.htm
- Determinants of participation in pest management groups by smallholder farmers, the 193rd National University of Rwanda International Conference, Huye, Rwanda.
- Entrepreneurship, PRISAE, 1 – 7 October 2008, ISAE-Busogo, Rwanda
- Land and Agrarian Reform and Economic Development, the African Institute for Agrarian Studies, August 2007, Kadoma Hotel and Conference Centre, Zimbabwe.
- Should the Government Distribute Agricultural Inputs to Farmers? Land and Resource Rights Dialogue, the African Institute for Agrarian Studies and the Zimbabwe Project Trust, 16 November 2006, Ambassador Hotel, Harare.
- Opportunities for Improving Agricultural Input Distribution under Drought Relief Programmes in Zimbabwe”, the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), 9th of September 2004, Holiday Inn, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.