The ICT Department is the heart of the university. Its performance will make or break the operations of the university both in teaching and administration. In this regard, the maxim of the department is the provision of responsive, effective and efficient ICT services at all times. The department therefore accepts criticism from its various stakeholders which will drive and stretch it to reach and offer world class ICT services at BUSE. We have an open-door policy and thus welcome all and sundry to our department anytime.
The department’s major offerings are internet and email service, integrated university management system, website, networking, procurement and maintenance of various ICT hardware and software, information security and advisory role in ICTs.
- servers, file services and storage
- anti-virus and security
- desktop hardware and software (acquisition, maintenance and support)
- network printing
- email, calendar and mailing lists
- administrative systems support (such as Dataease and Payday)
- student computing support (such as student labs, residence networking)
Provide continuous and secure Information and Communication Technology services that are always available to the university community to ensure the university fulfills its Mission and Vision.
ICT Department Core Values
Integrity, customer centered, effective communication, professionalism, innovation, performance excellence
Our mandate is to procure, install, allocate, secure, maintain ICT material resources; provide and support ICT services to the university community as all times. We develop, install and train user personnel on new software and integrate in-house developed software with off the shelf packages. We provide internet connectivity
We develop ICT Policies which regulate the provision and management of ICT services and Strategies which point to long-term ICT roadmap. These policies are ICT Policy; Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity, Security Policy, Device Allocation Policy and Device Disposal Policy and the ICT Strategic Plan. We are guided by an ICT Service Charter in the day-to-day dispatch of our duties.
The department has a staff complement of nine and is headed by the ICT Director
- ICT Director – Mr. P. Sibanda.
- Operations Manager – Mr. I. Manyani.
- Technical Services Manager – Mrs S Kangambeu
- System Analyst – Mr R Chabayanzara
- Network Engineer – Mr O Chifamba.
- Network Technician – Mr. V. Makurira.
- Webmaster – Mr. T. R. Gova
- Programmer – Mr B. Chisuwa.
- Programmer – Mr F. Allison
- Hardware Technician – Mr. T. Muzuva.
- Helpdesk Support – Mr. M. Mavhemwa.
- Departmental Secretary – Ms Makara