E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell: +263772 773 560
- MSc. Water Resources Engineering and Management (University of Zimbabwe)
- Postgrad. Diploma: Water Supply, Sanitation & Hygiene (Inst. of Water & Sanitation Dev.)
- BSc. Ed Hons (Chemistry) (Bindura University of Science Education)
- Diploma in Science Education (University of Zimbabwe)
- Occupational/Public and Environmental Health
- Environmental (Air, Soil, Water) Quality Management
- Wastewater Management and Reuse
- Water supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion
- Occupational exposure to hazards
- Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Evaluation
- Training: Use of portable water testing field kits
- Project Evaluation: Use of bio-sand filters in treating source drinking water
- Safety, Health and Environmental Management (industrial)
- Gotosa J, Mapurazi S, Kanda A et al. (2015) Effectiveness of a Eucalyptus grandis plantation in remediating a former sewage waste land in Dzivarasekwa, Harare. WARFSA Conference 2015, Malawi.
- Kanda, A (2009). Land use and water resources. Paper presented at a workshop: Land Use Science, Mayfair Lodges, 2-4 November 2009. Bindura, Zimbabwe (unpublished)
- Kanda, A (2010). The performance of bio-sand filters in treating source water in rural Zimbabwe. Paper presented to the National Action Committee (NAC) at UNICEF Building, 29 October, 2010, Harare, Zimbabwe (unpublished).
- Kanda, A (2014). Waste management best practices: Integrated Waste Management (IWM) and the role of research. Paper presented at a symposium: Waste Management, Panzvimbo Lodge, Mt Darwin, Zimbabwe (National Television clip, unpublished).
SELECTED RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
- Ncube F, Kanda A, Sanyanga T (2018) Standing working posture and musculoskeletal pain among citrus sinensis workers in a low-income country. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, DOI: 10.1080/10803548.2018.1544799.
- Kanda A, Ncube F, Hwende T and Makumbe P (2018) Assessment of trace element contamination of urban surface soil at informal industrial sites in a low-income country. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, DOI: 10.1007/s10653-018-0127-7
- Ncube F, Kanda A (2018) Current status and the future of occupational safety and health legislation in low- and middle-income countries, Safety and Health at work,
- Ncube F, Kanda A (2018) Commentary on the organisation of Occupational Health and Safety in Southern Africa, the International Labour Organisation and policies in general. Annals of Global Health 84(3): 500–503. DOI: 10.29024/aogh.2333.
- Kanda A, Nyamadzawo G, Gotosa J, Nyamutora N and Gwenzi W (2017) Predicting acid rock drainage from a nickel mine waste piles and metal levels in surrounding soils. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal 16(9): 2089-2096.
- Jera A, Ncube F, Kanda A (2017) Contamination of soil with Pb and Sb at a lead-acid battery dumpsite and their potential early uptake by Phragmites australis. Journal of Applied and Environmental Soil Science. DOI: 10.1155/2017/8010453.
- Kanda A, Ncube F and Kunsamala F (2017) Investigation of some metals in leaves and leaf extracts of Lippia javanica: its daily intake. Journal of Environmental and Public Health. DOI: 10.1155/2017/1476328.
- Kanda A, Murongazvombo M and Ncube F (2017) Adapting household water use in rural Zimbabwe. International Journal of Environmental Studies 74(3):471-485.
- Nyangombe G, Ncube F and Kanda A (2017) Characterisation of inland log yard
wastewater and evaluation of dilution requirements for safe surface disposal. International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences 12(3):433-447.
- Kanda A, Ncube F and Takura R (2017) Potential ecological risk assessment of a stream in Shamva Zimbabwe. Environment, Earth and Ecology 1(1):67-80.