In order to qualify for entry to a Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Bindura University of Science Education, a prospective student must satisfy the Entry Requirements specified in the General regulations and must also meet the following:
- At least five (5) ‘O’ levels or its equivalent including a Science subject and English language with Grade C or better;
- Have a Diploma/Degree in Biomedical Sciences or Medical Laboratory Sciences, Environmental Health, Pharmacy, Occupational Health, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Medicine, or any other health related discipline;
- At least two (2) years clinical experience;
- Hold a current Practicing Certificate from their respective Health Professions Council; and
- Basic IPC training will be an added advantage.
- Participants must provide proof of permission to study from their facility management (so that they have a guaranteed place to do their logbook and project without facing any challenges).
- Participants must have a Senior Member of their health facility (or with links to their place of work) who will be their supervisor for their projects and acknowledge completion in their log books.
Graduates from the programme can work in any of the following disciplines:
After post graduate Postgraduate Diploma in IPC, one may pursue among others the following job prospects in Government, Non government Organizations, Private sector, Local and International Research and Training Institutions, etc., IPC programme officers, IPC consultants and/or advisors, Postgraduate study and research.