Dr. Netai Muchanyereyi – Department Chairperson
Chemistry today is the basis of a worldwide industry concerned with almost every aspect of life, including food, fuel, clothing, building materials and medicines. While the growth of this industry has had some undeniably bad ecological effects, chemistry provides the key to the improvement of the environment and world living standards.
Chemistry Department seeks to be a hub of knowledge and beacon of excellence in teaching, research and extension services.
To produce Chemistry teachers and all round Chemists who can vastly and competently contribute in research, industry and commerce.
Customer Service Charter
Like most businesses, we know that our success lies in delivering excellent service to you, our customer. Our customer service charter sets out our commitment to provide you, our customer, with the service you can expect.
Who we are and what we do
We are a department that has the needs of business at the forefront of everything we do. We provide quality, consistent information, support, advice and assistance to help you be competitive, innovate and create a skilled workforce.
Who accesses our services?
Students and stakeholders who want quality service and support from the Department of Chemistry.
Our Customer Service Principles
- We will respond promptly to your enquiries through our phone and web service, and our national and Faculty Office.
- We aim to respond to phone enquiries and emails within one working day – and mail correspondence within 10 working days
- We will provide accurate and up to date information, when you need it
- Our service targets outline our process and payment timelines.
- Our staff understand your issues because of their extensive experience with student
- We aim to tailor our response to your needs
- We aim to provide linkages and referral to other government information relevant to your business needs
- You will receive the same excellent service standard if you receive services from a third party on our behalf.
- We have systems in place to ensure that we protect your confidential information
- We understand that your ideas are your business advantage – and will not use our position to gain an advantage for ourselves or others – or cause a detriment to you
- We handle all your information without compromising confidentiality.
- We are open and transparent about our processes
- All our programme information is published on our website
- We aim to provide consistent and clear information across our communication channels
- Our staff must disclose conflicts of interest
- We will give you access to your personal information if you request it.
- Our business dealings with you will be conducted with integrity and honesty
- Our staff will focus on helping you find solutions to your business needs
- Every customer is treated equally
- Our staff will be accountable in their dealings with you.
If you use our web services you can expect:
- To contact us when and where it is convenient for you
- The website to be easy to use, with intuitive navigations and customised content so you can quickly find what you need
- That you can access our information using any device, any time
- If you sign up to receive our information, to always have the option to unsubscribe.
If you call +263 773 410 239 or +263 772 846 785 you can expect:
- Our staff to be experienced and knowledgeable
- To be able to contact our Business Support service between 8am-4.30 pm Monday to Friday
- We will always tell you the criteria against which we will assess your eligibility and merit for assistance
- We will tell you how long our processes may take and where relevant
- If you receive assistance from us, we will inform you of your obligations.
To allow us to help, we expect you will:
- Give us information that is timely, accurate and complete
- Take the time to understand your obligations and aim to fulfil them
- Provide us with honest, constructive Feedback on our service
- Contact us if you believe we have made an error or acted inappropriately, and wish to make a complaint.
Department of Chemistry Service Values
- In our dealings with you we will be professional and understanding. We commit to our staff individually and collectively upholding the Australian Public Service Values:
- Committed to Service
Read more about the Department of Chemistry on the Bindura University of Science Education website www.buse.ac.zw
Feedback – compliments, complaints, suggestions
- Feedback includes compliments, complaints, suggestions or any information about our program delivery, services or performance.
- You can provide feedback by calling us on +263 773 410 239 or +263 772 846 785.
- Should you have a complaint, we appreciate you providing us with the first opportunity to resolve it.
- All people have the right to raise concerns and make legitimate complaints and expect that the issues raised will be handled in a fair, confidential and responsive manner, free from repercussion or prejudice.
- Clearly explaining the issue and what you think should be done to fix it will assist us. Please include copies of any relevant documents. At the conclusion of a formal complaint, you will receive our decision in writing.
- If you are still not satisfied, you may ask for a review of our handling of the matter or approach the Faculty of Science and Engineering Office. The review process will determine if we acted according to our policies and guidelines.
Innovation and Product Development
- Development of Green Products: Extraction and Characterization of Antifungals, Hair growth Stimulants and Bioactive Permanents from traditional herbs
- Research on Newcastle Drug from Glycosylated Flavonoids from Local Medicinal Foods and Food Plants.
- The Department is researching on production of fertilizers .
- Sanitizers are being produced.
- A process to produce sodium silicate from sugarcane bagasse and other silica rich biowaste is being developed. The sodium silicate would be used in liquid and bar soaps as a builder to soften hardwater.
Dr. Netai Muchanyereyi – Chairperson
Ms. P. Mpirivu – Secretary
- Ms. R. Zhou
- Ms. A. P. Ngarivhume
- Mr. V. Chibuku, Senior Technician, HND, Applied Chemical Technology, Harare Poly, B-TECH, NUST
- Mr. T, Chayamiti – Technician
- Mr. Simbarashe Muzawazi – Assitant Production Supervisor
- Mr. K. Mapfaka – Senior Technical Assistant
- Mr. K. Munyepwa – Technical Assistant