Chemistry today is the basis of a worldwide industry concerned with almost every aspect of life, including food, fuel, clothing, building materials and medicines. While the growth of this industry has had some undeniably bad ecological effects, chemistry provides the key to the improvement of the environment and world living standards.
Chemistry Department seeks to be a hub of knowledge and beacon of excellence in teaching, research and extension services.
To produce Chemistry teachers and all round Chemists who can vastly and competently contribute in research, industry and commerce.
Undergraduate Programme on Offer
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Chemical Technology
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Chemistry
Postgraduate Programmes on Offer
Chairman: Dr. M. Mupa
Secretary: Ms P. Mpirivu
- Dr. Mathew Mupa
- Musekiwa C
- Norman Mudavanhu
- Dr Netai Muchanyereyi
- Prof P Dzomba
- Dr L. Gwatidzo
- Dr Cleopas Machingauta
- Hardlife Rambwawasvika
- Prof Chaukura N
- Dr. Munzeiwa W
- V. Chibuku, Senior Technician, HND, Applied Chemical Technology, Harare Poly, B-TECH, NUST
- K. Mapfaka, Senior Technical Assistant
- Munyepwa, Technical Assistant
- Mr. T, Chayamiti (Technician)