Department Chairperson – Dr. Lysias Tapiwanashe Charumbira
The Department of Sports science offers an innovative curriculum which seeks to provide knowledge based solutions to sport and exercise science, physical activity and health and sports management related problems affecting humanity.
An internationally renowned sports science and management education center producing reputable and innovative graduates by 2023.
To produce knowledgeable, skilled, innovative and entrepreneurial sports science and management graduates through teaching and research; and develop products and services for industrialization and community transformation.
- Student Centeredness
- Sports Nutrition.
- Sport Psychology.
- Physiology of Exercise.
- Performance Analysis and Coaching Technology.
- Physical Activity and Health.
- Biomechanics in Sport in Sport
- Testing Measurement and Evaluation.
- Principles of Coaching.
- Talent Identification and Development.
- Facilities and Events Management in Sport.
- Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Adapted Sport.
- Sports Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Doping and Anti-doping Issues.
- Sport for Poverty Alleviation and Peace Building.
- Financial Management in Sport.
- Corporate Governance in Sport.
- Sports Marketing
- Strategic Management in Sport.
- Sports Law and Ethics
- Gender issues in Sport.
- Media Relations in Sport.
EXTENSION/COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AGENDA
- Capacity Building Short Courses in Sports Management, Sports Science and Sports Coaching.
- Technical Support Services to the Sports Industry.
- Sports Science and Management Consultancy Services.
This service charter explains what we do and the standards of service you can expect from the Department of Sports Science. It also explains the steps you can take if our service standards are not met.
Our Department aims to promote excellence in teaching Sports Science programs through University policy and service delivery to the benefit of all students.
The Department works closely and cooperatively with its Departments in providing quality services to its clients (Students and Stakeholders) in Faculty of Science Education and Faculty of Science.
You are entitled to expect:
• The right to seek access to Projects we hold in accordance with the Bindura University Policy
• Your feedback and complaints will be treated seriously and impartially
Our Service Standards
The Department is committed to achieving and maintaining a high level of service standards in all program areas. We have established service standards to provide a benchmark which our performance can be measured though student evaluations.
If you telephone us, we will identify ourselves by name and/or work area and will aim to resolve your enquiry during the call. If the enquiry is complex, we will refer to you through Faculty Offices.
If you write or email us, we will respond to correspondence in a timely manner. We will reply in plain English, generally within 5 working days of receiving the correspondence.
If this is not possible, we will inform you of the time needed to provide a response and provide you with contact details if you have any further enquiries.
What this charter does not cover
This charter deals with the quality of services we provide. The following matters are not covered by this charter:
• Employment disputes;
• Handling of your personal information;
• Administrative decisions made under a law; or
• Government policy.
If you are not satisfied with an administrative decision made under a law that affects you (for example, a decision under the Freedom of Information Act 1982), you may have the right to seek a review of the decision. You will be notified of any rights of review and/or appeal when you are advised of that administrative decision.
If you have a complaint about our handing of your student information, you should contact the Office of the Assistant Registrar – Faculty of Science (see www.buse.ac.zw for more details).
If you have a complaint about the Department’s services covered by this charter, the following steps apply:
Step 1: Contact the area within the Department you have been dealing with about your complaint and the area will try to resolve the problem.
Step 2: If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction by the particular area within 7 working days, contact the Chairperson with the full details of your complaint and the resolution you are seeking. The contact details of the Chairperson are below.
Step 3: The Chairperson will reply within 3 working days of receiving your complaint, and inform you:
• about the process we will follow;
• the contact details of the person who will handle your complaint; and
• any other important information about the process.
Note: We are committed to resolving complaints internally within 3 working days whenever possible. If your complaint is complex and cannot be resolved within this timeframe, we will keep you informed of the progress.
Step 4: We will assess and (as required) investigate your complaint. At the end of the investigation, we will tell you about the outcome, and any decision we have made.
• if your complaint highlights a systematic problem with us, we will take action to prevent it happening again.
• If your complaint identifies an improvement to our services, we will take action we consider appropriate to improve.
Step 5: If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment or investigation of your complaint, you can contact the Deputy Registrar Academic (details can be found at www.buse.ac.zw or by telephone on 0772 154 885-8).
Review of the Charter
The Department is committed to evaluating and reporting on our performance. We report on the operation of this service charter, including complaints and the resolution of those complaints, in our annual report each year.
We measure and monitor our performance against our service standards by recording and acting on your feedback and complaints about our service and regularly reviewing the terms and effectiveness of this charter.
How you can help us
You can assist us to provide a good service by:
• providing timely, honest, complete and accurate information about student registration
• treating our staff with courtesy
• meeting any reciprocal obligations of the service relationship
• providing feedback on the quality of our services.
Enquiries and Feedback
We value and appreciate your feedback on the quality, timeliness and responsiveness of our service. You can send your feedback using our Secretary’s desk located at Faculty of Science Education Hall. You can also contact us Monday to Friday during business hours at the Departments offices ;Faculty of Science Hall.
Contacts and Information
Chairperson : Dr. L.T.Charumbira
Department of Sports Science