Department Chairperson – Dr. Lysias Tapiwanashe Charumbira
The Department of Sports science offers an innovative curriculum which seeks to provide knowledge based solutions to sport and exercise science, physical activity and health and sports management related problems affecting humanity.
An internationally renowned sports science and management education center producing reputable and innovative graduates by 2023.
To produce knowledgeable, skilled, innovative and entrepreneurial sports science and management graduates through teaching and research; and develop products and services for industrialization and community transformation.
- Student Centeredness
- Sports Nutrition.
- Sport Psychology.
- Physiology of Exercise.
- Performance Analysis and Coaching Technology.
- Physical Activity and Health.
- Biomechanics in Sport in Sport
- Testing Measurement and Evaluation.
- Principles of Coaching.
- Talent Identification and Development.
- Facilities and Events Management in Sport.
- Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Adapted Sport.
- Sports Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Doping and Anti-doping Issues.
- Sport for Poverty Alleviation and Peace Building.
- Financial Management in Sport.
- Corporate Governance in Sport.
- Sports Marketing
- Strategic Management in Sport.
- Sports Law and Ethics
- Gender issues in Sport.
- Media Relations in Sport.
EXTENSION/COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AGENDA
- Capacity Building Short Courses in Sports Management, Sports Science and Sports Coaching.
- Technical Support Services to the Sports Industry.
- Sports Science and Management Consultancy Services.