Department: Crop Science
- MSc Agriculture (Crop Science) from University of Fort Hare
- BSc Agriculture and Natural Resources (General) from Africa University,
- BSc Agriculture (Crop Science) (Honors) from University of Fort Hare and
Areas of Research Interest:
Biofumigation, Conservation Agriculture and Climate change and agriculture
Research Project: Effect of different soils on crusting levels
- Kamota A, Muchaonyerwa P, Mnkeni P. 2011. Effects of ensiling of Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) maize (MON810) on degradation of the crystal 1Ab (Cry1Ab ) protein and compositional quality of silage. African Journal of Biotechnology.
- Kamota A, Muchaonyerwa P, Mnkeni P. 2012. Effects of transgenic maize expressing the Cry1Ab protein (Event Mon810) of locally adapted earthworms in a sandy loam soil in the CENTRAL EASTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA. African Journal of Biotechnology.
- Kamota A, Muchaonyerwa P and Mnkeni P. 2013. (Accepted) Decompositon of surface-applied and soil-incorporated bt maize (MON810) leaf litter and the CRY1AB protein under winter fallow conditions in CENTRAL EASTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA. Pedosphere