Sport at Bindura University is viewed as a cornerstone to the overall development of a student. The Sports and Recreation department falls under the Student Affairs Division. It attempts to address ‘the outside learning’ through fostering all three domains of learning viz cognitive, affective and psychomotor. The Sports and Recreation endeavours to sensitize students and members of staff on the benefits derived from taking part in sports and recreation activities. The following approaches could be adopted to help conscentise students and staff to lead active lifestyles.
The Sports and Recreation through the assistance from the University Administration would:
- Reinforce the existing traditional team games and encourage the formation of new games through liaising with local Sports Associations for the purpose of hiring coaches to help produce quality players.
- Market the university by exposing our students to the major tournaments like the Zimbabwe Universities Sports Association (ZUSA), Zimbabwe Tertiary
- Institutions Students Games Union (ZTISU) and College Sports Association (CUCSA)
- Develop students physically, mentally, socially and morally.
- Engage in programmes meant to fundraise for the university.
- Forge links with other organisations, institutions and individuals with interest in the development of Sports and Recreation facilities at the university.
Undertake some research studies to improve and improvise sports to benefit the students at the core business of the university.
To create an environment which targets mass participation by our students and members of staff in both active and passive sport. The sole aim of this long term goal is to encourage our students and staff to desist from sedentary living and promote wellness, communication, confidents, team work and assertiveness, all necessary ingredients for a healthy and productive institution.
We have a state of the arynas high quality Gym equipment. Both students and staff can access the Gym at a nominal fee per month. The gym is also open to the community after payment of subscription fees.