Bindura University seeks to provide competitive remuneration to all members of staff who are actively undertaking and contributing to University activities.
The University aims to achieve this through development of appropriate remuneration, reward and incentive mechanisms and frameworks that are guided by the competitive environment within which it operates, and alignment with corporate objectives.
- The Salaries Section is responsible for the Payroll administration, i.e.
- Processing of monthly payroll for the institution
- Effect earnings and deductions for individual salaries
- Liaising with medical aid societies, banks and Insurance brokers.
- Salary administration- notching new members according to Appointments Regulations, overtime, cash in lieu of leave, back payments, updating leave record.
- Payment of annual bonus
- Administering the staff pension fund and social dimension fund which act as the University funeral cover.
- Ensuring that statutory requirements are remitted every month ie NSSA, Pension and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority.
- Reconciliation of payroll accounts timeously
Information to Staff Members
- All remuneration received by staff for University activity will be processed through the University payroll system which will comply with University policy and all relevant legislative requirements.
- The process of remuneration will be transparent, conducted in good faith and in accordance with the appropriate levels of confidentiality
- On appointment the following information is required for processing your monthly salary –
- Appointment letter
- Assumption of duty letter
- Method of payment
University Pension Fund
Every permanent member of staff is eligible to Pension, and when a member of staff is deceased, pension benefits are paid out to his or her beneficiaries. For Pension processing the required documents are -:
- Death Certificate
- Birth Certificates of all children
- National ID of the spouse
- Marriage Certificate or Affidavit
- Bank Details, i.e. Bank Name, Branch Name and Code, Account Number.
Normally the University contributes 80% and the employee contributes 20% towards medical aid.