The normal entry requirements are:
- A First Degree in Management Sciences with a 2.2 grade or better.
- Minimum 3 years Management experience
Mature entry requirements are as follows:
- Minimum 35 years
- Possession of a Professional Qualification in Management Sciences
- Minimum 10 years Management experience
Master Leadership and Corporate Governance explores the leadership and governance practices of both public and private organizations. This degree affords an extensive level of knowledge that will enable leaders to anticipate, envision, manage knowledge and unlock the creativity in their followers. Corporate Governance, which is a system by which organisations are directed and controlled, questions the role of leadership in creating fairness and transparency in the use and management of resources. Graduates of this programme will be able to ensure that their organisations put in place corporate governance best practices and strategic leadership that create sustained superior performance. This is a practically relevant degree programme which relates to the National Governance Code on Corporate Governance (ZimCode), which was promoted by the Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ), the Institute of Directors Zimbabwe (IoDZ) and the Zimbabwe Leadership Forum (Zimle) and launched by the Government in April 2015.The programme is aimed at individuals who are currently working towards becoming experts or leaders in their chosen fields The prime aim is to gain advanced knowledge in leadership and corporate governance.
At the end of the programme, students will have acquired a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills, and they will be able to:
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills in decision-making.
- Effectively contribute to organisational performance, address practical business situations and assume leadership roles.
- Apply a range of skills and abilities such as leading change, resolving conflict and
- Compare and analyse the corporate governance issues involved in business and the workplace.
- Compare and analyse the role of stakeholders and corporate managers’ moral obligations in business decision making.
- Apply corporate governance best practice principles and recommendations to achieve appropriate business practice.
This programme creates employment opportunities in the public sector, the private sector and NGOs. Some of the career opportunities include Managing Consultant, Chief Executive Officer, Marketing Director, Finance Director, Operations Director and so on. Graduates of this programme can create employment opportunities through the establishment on new ventures. Further, the programme is a pathway to the Doctor of Philosophy.