- Please make sure that you get confirmation of acceptance to the University before making arrangements for departure. Once you have received your letter of acceptance to Bindura University of Science Education, make the following arrangements before you leave your country of residence.
Sign and return your letter of acceptance to the Admissions Office to validate your entry into the University
- Ensure that you have a valid passport
- Make sure that you have the necessary funds to cover your university tuition and living expenses
- Secure a valid study permit (student visa).
Study Permit (Student Visa)
International students are encouraged to apply for a Bindura University of Science Education study permit at the Zimbabwean Embassy or mission nearest to them before leaving the country of origin. Without a study permit, you may be refused entry into Zimbabwe and Bindura University of Science Education may not register you as a student. While it is strongly recommended that study/students permits be secured before departure for Bindura University of Science Education, it is however possible, at the discretion of the Immigration Department in Zimbabwe, to get the visa application processed on arrival in Zimbabwe. In such cases, the student secures a temporary permit at the point of entry into Zimbabwe, and is given (at the point of entry) a fixed period of time within which to secure the student permit.
To apply for a student permit, you will need the following:
- Residence Permit application form (IF5) fully completed and attested by a Commissioner of Oaths. The application form is obtainable from the nearest Zimbabwean Embassy or from the Department of Immigration offices in Harare
- Letter of acceptance from Bindura University of Science Education
- Proof of accommodation e.g. undertaking by institution to provide accommodation
- Proof of payment of fees
- Copy of birth certificate/passport biodata page
- Chest X-ray report
- 2 passport size photos
- Non refundable fee of US$200.00 for student’s permit application
EXTENSION OF STUDENT PERMIT
Below are the requirements for extension/renewal of student permit
- Letter from University indicating continuity of studies
- Copy of previous term/semester results
- Non refundable fee of US$200.00 for student permit extension.
*NB. The law requires all international students to ensure that their study permits are valid at all times for the duration of their studies. A study permit must be renewed within 30 days prior to expiry. Please contact the International Relations Office for assistance with your visa application processes.
Principal Immigration Officer
Clients Services Centre
Department of Immigration
1st Floor, Liquenda House
Nelson Mandela Avenue
P. Bag 7717
Tel +263 (4) 791913-9