Client Service Charter
service charter explains what we do and the standards of service you
can expect from the Department of Geography. It also explains the steps
you can take if our service standards are not met. Our Department aims
to promote excellence in teaching Geography and its related programs
through University policy and service delivery to the benefit of all
students.The Department works closely and cooperatively with other
Departments in providing quality services to its clients (Students and
Stakeholders) in Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Faculty of Science Education and Faculty of Science.
You are entitled to expect:
- the right to seek access to Projects we hold in accordance with the Bindura University Policy
- your feedback and complaints will be treated seriously and impartially
- be treated with respect and consistently with Zimbabwean anti-discrimination laws.
Our Service Standards
The Geography Department is
committed to achieving and maintaining a high level of service
standards in all program areas. We have established service standards to
provide a benchmark which our performance can be measured though
If you call us, we will identify ourselves by
name and/or work area and will aim to resolve your enquiry during the
call. If the enquiry is complex, we will refer to you through Faculty
If you write or email us, we will respond to correspondence
in a timely manner. We will reply in plain English, generally within 5
working days of receiving the correspondence.
If this is not
possible, we will inform you of the time needed to provide a response
and provide you with contact details if you have any further enquiries.
What this charter does not cover
This charter deals with the quality of services we provide. The following matters are not covered by this charter:
- Employment disputes;
- Our handling of your personal information;
- Administrative decisions made under a law; or
- Government policy.
If you are not satisfied with an administrative decision made under
a law that affects you (for example, a decision under the Freedom of
Information Act 1982), you may have the right to seek a review of the
decision. You will be notified of any rights of review and/or appeal
when you are advised of that administrative decision.
If you have a complaint about our handing of your student
information, you follow the communication channel by contacting the
Office of the Assistant Registrar – Faculty of Science (see www.buse.ac.zw for more details).
If you have a complaint about the Department’s services covered by this charter, the following steps apply:
- Contact the area within the Department you have been dealing with
about your complaint and the area will try to resolve the problem.
- If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction by the
particular area within 7 working days, contact the Chairperson with the
full details of your complaint and the resolution you are seeking. The
contact details of the Chairperson are below.
- The Chairperson will reply within 3 working days of receiving your complaint, and inform you:
- about the process we will follow;
- the contact details of the person who will handle your complaint; and
- any other important information about the process.
We are committed to resolving complaints internally within 3 working
days whenever possible. If your complaint is complex and cannot be
resolved within this timeframe, we will keep you informed of the
- We will assess and (as required) investigate your complaint. At the
end of the investigation, we will tell you about the outcome, and any
decision we have made.
- if your complaint highlights a systematic problem with us, we will take action to prevent it happening again.
- If your complaint identifies an improvement to our services, we will take action we consider appropriate to improve.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment or
investigation of your complaint, you can contact the Deputy Registrar
Academic (details can be found at www.buse.ac.zw or by telephone on 0772
Review of the Charter
The Department is committed to evaluating and reporting on our
performance. We report on the operation of this service charter,
including complaints and the resolution of those complaints, in our
annual report each year.
We measure and monitor our performance against our service
standards by recording and acting on your feedback and complaints about
our service and regularly reviewing the terms and effectiveness of this
How you can Help us
You can assist us to provide a good service by:
- providing timely, honest, complete and accurate information about student registration
- treating our staff with courtesy
- meeting any reciprocal obligations of the service relationship
- providing feedback on the quality of our services.
Enquiries and Feedback
We value and appreciate your feedback on the quality, timeliness
and responsiveness of our service. You can send your feedback using our
Secretary’s desk in A2A Astra Campus along Bindura -Trojan Road. You can
also contact us Monday to Friday during business hours through A1A and
Contacts and Information
Chairperson of the Department
Department of Geography
A2A. Astra Campus
- Telephone: 0773 099 436
- Email: email@example.com