Client Service Charter
This service charter explains what we do and the standards of service you can expect from the Department of Geography. It also explains the steps you can take if our service standards are not met. Our Department aims to promote excellence in teaching Geography and its related programs through University policy and service delivery to the benefit of all students.The Department works closely and cooperatively with other Departments in providing quality services to its clients (Students and Stakeholders) in Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science Education and Faculty of Science.
You are entitled to expect:
- the right to seek access to Projects we hold in accordance with the Bindura University Policy
- your feedback and complaints will be treated seriously and impartially
- be treated with respect and consistently with Zimbabwean anti-discrimination laws.
Our Service Standards
The Geography Department is committed to achieving and maintaining a high level of service standards in all program areas. We have established service standards to provide a benchmark which our performance can be measured though student evaluations.
If you call us, we will identify ourselves by name and/or work area and will aim to resolve your enquiry during the call. If the enquiry is complex, we will refer to you through Faculty Offices.
If you write or email us, we will respond to correspondence in a timely manner. We will reply in plain English, generally within 5 working days of receiving the correspondence.
If this is not possible, we will inform you of the time needed to provide a response and provide you with contact details if you have any further enquiries.
What this charter does not cover
This charter deals with the quality of services we provide. The following matters are not covered by this charter:
- Employment disputes;
- Our handling of your personal information;
- Administrative decisions made under a law; or
- Government policy.
- Contact the area within the Department you have been dealing with about your complaint and the area will try to resolve the problem.
- If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction by the particular area within 7 working days, contact the Chairperson with the full details of your complaint and the resolution you are seeking. The contact details of the Chairperson are below.
- The Chairperson will reply within 3 working days of receiving your complaint, and inform you:
- about the process we will follow;
- the contact details of the person who will handle your complaint; and
- any other important information about the process.
Note: We are committed to resolving complaints internally within 3 working days whenever possible. If your complaint is complex and cannot be resolved within this timeframe, we will keep you informed of the progress.
- We will assess and (as required) investigate your complaint. At the
end of the investigation, we will tell you about the outcome, and any
decision we have made.
- if your complaint highlights a systematic problem with us, we will take action to prevent it happening again.
- If your complaint identifies an improvement to our services, we will take action we consider appropriate to improve.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment or investigation of your complaint, you can contact the Deputy Registrar Academic (details can be found at www.buse.ac.zw or by telephone on 0772 154 885-8).
- providing timely, honest, complete and accurate information about student registration
- treating our staff with courtesy
- meeting any reciprocal obligations of the service relationship
- providing feedback on the quality of our services.
Department of Geography
A2A. Astra Campus
- Telephone: 0773 099 436
- Email: email@example.com