THEME AND SUB-THEMES
2nd International Conference on Food Security and Climate Change (ICFSCC)
“Combating Climate Change and Covid-19 Impacts through Innovative, Adaptive and Resilient Food System”
08-09 September 2022
Elephant Hills Hotel, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE)
Academic and research institutions, students, farmers, policy makers, consultancy firms, NGOs/ international agencies, industry and media
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Enable participants to share and exchange experiences on various sub-themes of the conference;
- Discuss innovative, adaptive and resilient food systems that improve food security in the face of climate change and covid-19;
- Discuss institutional arrangements needed for addressing food security, climate change and covid-19 linkages.
- Promote partnerships and cooperation among national and international agencies working on food security, climate change and covid-19 management;
- Promote mobilization of human and financial resources for research, innovation and industrialisation that sustainably improve food security in the face of climate change and covid-19.
Structure of Conference:
The conference will combine plenary sessions, presentations of research papers, and experiences by government departments, farmers, private sector, civil society and non-governmental organisations in parallel sessions, thematic panel sessions, poster presentations and exhibitions on various sub-themes. Considering Covid-19 related restrictions, a virtual session may be included espercially for participants from outside Zimbabwe.
- Conference proceedings
- Communiqué on strategies for combating disasters to achieve food security.
- Initiation of collaborations/ partnerships for research, industrialisation and mobilisation of funding for research and innovation.
Accepted abstracts will be placed under one of the following areas
Climate Change and Weather Extremes
Simulations & scenarios; Climate change-induced disasters; Mitigation & adaptation; Policy; Governance & institutions; Advocacy & Media; Early warning systems
Food Security Policy, Governance & Institutions
Food security policies; Food security governance; Food security institutions; Local & international cooperation; Food AID
Sustainable Food Production
Agroecology; Soil & water management; Climate-smart crop production systems; Climate-smart livestock production systems; Agroforestry; Crop & animal breeding; Gender, cultural & social dimensions in food production.
Biotechnology for Food Security
Crop/animal biotechnology; Genetically modiﬁed organism; Crop/livestock genomics; Transcriptomics & proteomics; Plant/animal population genetics.
Crop and Animal Health
Emerging & re-emerging crop pests & diseases; Emerging & re-emerging livestock pests & diseases; Eco-friendly pest & diseases; Integrated pest management
Food Health, Safety, Loss & Waste
Food health & safety; Pre-harvest food losses; Post-harvest food losses, Pre-and post-consumption food waste
- Wild Foods and Crop relatives
- Value Addition, Marketing & Chain Analyses
- Covid-19 and Food Security
1st Call for Abstracts
25 June 2022
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
25 August 2022
From 10 July 2022
Early Bird Registration
01 July – 15 August 2022
16 August – 31 August 2022
08 – 09 September 2022
Early Bird Fees (USD)
Late Bird Fees (USD)
SADC/ Local Delegate
*This will cater for conference bag, teas, lunches, conference dinner and book of abstracts. All other costs will be incurred by delegates.
The registration Form and further information is on Bindura University of Science Education Website www.buse.ac.zw
Methods of Payment
Deposit the registration fee in the Bank and fax your proof of payment to +263 (271) 7534. Alternatively scan and email the bank deposit slip to Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
Bindura University Of Science Education
Secretariat for the Conference Organizing Committee
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Tel: +263 (271) 6230, 7531-6, 7621-4
Cell: +263779866624 /+263772 347 760 /+263776184745