Contact: 715 Popgum Road, Greenhill, Bindura, Zimbabwe. Or Department of science and Mathematics Education.
Bindura University Of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura. Zimbabwe
Cell: +263772115978 or +263773444234
E. Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Office number: G06
Doctor of Education in DIDACTICS-UNISA (2017).
Master of Science Education (physics)-University of Zimbabwe (2004)
Bachelor of Science with education (double Majoring in Physics and Geography) – University of Zimbabwe (1999)
April 2019-Present: Chairperson- Department of Science and Mathematics Education
Bindura University of science education-Zimbabwe
MAY 2005- March 2019: Lecturer
Science Education. -Bindura University of science education-Zimbabwe
April 2004-april 2005-teaching assistant-education department-bindura university of science education.
JANUARY 2000 –MARCH 2004 (School teacher). Teaching Ordinary & Advanced levels physics and Geography at Chiredzi Christian college- Zimbabwe
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge. (PCK)
- Teacher Professional Development. (TPD)
- Physics Didactics. (PD)
- Nature of Science. (NOS)
- Zezekwa, N (2006) .The impact of practical tests in developing practical work skills to ‘A’ Level physics students. Southern Africa Journal Of Education, Science and Technology. 1(1) 17-22.
- Zezekwa, N. and Mudavanhu,Y.(2008).Students’ Perceptions of Information Technology and Projections for the Future in Science Education. Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research, 20(2) 246-260
- Mudavanhu, Y and Zezekwa,N.(2009).Pre-service and in-service secondary science teachers’ perceptions of mentoring practices in Zimbabwe . African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 13(2) .64-80. ISSN: 18117295
- Bhukuvhani, C.E.; Zezekwa,N and Sunzuma ,G.(2011).Primary School Pre-service teachers’ perceptions of the effectiveness of mentor supervision. The Dyke.Journal of The Midlands State University.5 (2), 124-144
- 5 .Bhukuvhani C.E., Zezekwa, N., and Sunzuma, G. (2011) Students’ preparedness to integrate Information and Communication Technology tools and resources for the learning of Organic Chemistry concepts in the District of Masvingo, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT, 7(2), 27-37.
- Zezekwa, N and Mudavanhu,Y.(2011).The effects of entry qualifications on students’ performance in University Science Courses: The Case Of Bindura University of Science Education. African Journal of Education and Technology, 1(3), 32-39.
- Zezekwa, N (2011).Students’ attitudes towards advanced level physics practical work.Journal of education, 1(2), 31-35. ISSN.2249-5517.
- Mudavanhu, Y and Zezekwa, N. (2012).Relationship between confidence and knowledge of the nature of science: Student teachers’ perspective in Zimbabwe. African Journal of Education and technology, 2(1), 15-20. ISSN: 2046-6935.
- Sunzuma.G, Zezekwa, N and Bhukuvhani.C. (2012).Undergraduate Students’ views on their learning of Research Methods and Statistics (RMS) course: Challenges and Alternative Strategies. International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow, 1(3), 1-8.ISSN:2277-6168
- Sunzuma.G, Zezekwa, N and Bhukuvhani.C. (2012).An insight into the pedagogical approaches for Virtual Open Distance Learning (VODL) Programme at a selected university in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow, 1(4), 1-10.ISSN:2277-6168
- Sunzuma,G;Ndemo,Z;Zinyeka,G and Zezekwa,N. (2012).The challenges of implementing student centered instruction in the teaching and learning of secondary school mathematics in a selected district in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Current Research, 4(5), 145-155. ISSN: 0975-833X.
- Bhukuvhani,C;Nyoni,N;Mupa,M;Mhishi,M;Sunzuma,G;Zezekwa,N and Gwizangwe,I. (2013).Science and Technology Educators and Students’ conceptions of nanoscience and nanotechnology:A case study of three universities in Zimbabwe. Crown Research in Education 3(1), 22-26.
- Sunzuma, G; Zezekwa, N; Zinyeka, G and Chinyoka, M (2013).Incorporating Religious Mathematics in the teaching and learning of Formal Geometry: A case study of the apostolic church sector in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR).9(1)18-23 ISSN 2307-4531
- Sunzuma, G; Zivanai, J; Zezekwa, N; Bhukuvhani, C and Chinyoka, M (2013).The relationship between undergraduate science education students’ achievement in statistics and their prior secondary school mathematics achievement. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research, 2(8), 316-319. ISSN 2277-8616
- Zezekwa, N and Sunzuma,G (2013).Tell me a story: Relevance, Science Pedagogy and the teaching profession. International Journal Of Development Research, 3(9), 9-12.ISSN 2230-9926
- Sunzuma, G; Masocha, M and Zezekwa, N (2013).Secondary school students’ attitudes towards their learning of Geometry: A Survey of Bindura Urban Secondary schools. Greener journal of educational research, 3(8), 402-410.ISSN 2276-7789
- Zezekwa, N; Mudau, A.V and Nkopodi,N (2013). A comparative study of South African and Zimbabwean Science teacher education programmes: Some theoretical reflections. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences.4 (13) 317-324. ISSN 2039-9340
- Sunzuma, G and Zezekwa, N (2016). Montessori Method of teaching: The key to learning and teaching of Mensuration of solid shapes: a case of a private school in Zimbabwe. Archives of current research international, 6(1), 1-5.ISSN 2454-7077
- Sunzuma, G and Zezekwa, N (2016).An exploration of integrating Information and communication technology into mathematics teacher education programme. Asian Research Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 5(1), 1-10.
- Mudavanhu, Y and Zezekwa, N (2017).The views of nature of science expressed by in-service teachers who were learning history and philosophy of science. Journal of Educational and Social Research,7(3), 39-48 ISSN 2240-0524
- Mudavanhu,Y and Zezekwa,N(2008) Mentoring Pre-Service and In-service Secondary School Teachers.-Proceedings of the 16th annual conference of the Southern African Association For Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education(SAARMSTE),12-18 January 2008,Maseru,Lesotho.
- Zezekwa, N; Mudau, A and Nkopodi, N (2012). A comparative study of South African and Zimbabwean Science teacher education programmes: Some theoretical Reflections.
A research paper presented at the SACHES conference- 30 October-01 November 2012.Port Elizabeth-South Africa.
- 1st National science and mathematics teachers’ conference held at Bindura University of Science Education, Zimbabwe from 5 to 7 September 2012
- 2nd National science and Mathematics conference held at Bindura University of Science Education, Zimbabwe from 20-22 August 2014
Journal of Education-Bio Info Publications
Reviewer of manuscripts in accredited journals as detailed below:
Name of journal/organisation Number of articles reviewed
International Journal of Education and development using ICT 17
Critical education(journal of the university of British Columbia)
Research Council Of Zimbabwe 31
University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa), Faculty of humanities: education. (contact:Hale.Modau@wits.ac.za).
- University senator.(2007-to date)
- Member of the University exhibitions committee
- Member of the University Extension Services committee(2010-2018)
- Member of the editorial board. Southern Africa Journal of Education, Science and Technology.(2006-2011)
- Faculty of science education regulations sub –committee member.
- Coordinator-Applied Science Education.(2005-2010)
- Research Projects Coordinator(2014-2017)
- Facilitator-Teaching and learning workshops.
- Faculty representative to the Faculty of Science and Engineering(2015-2019)