- This event has passed.
NATIONAL SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS OLYMPIADS 2ND ROUND
3 August, 2018
SECOND ROUND: 3 AUGUST 2018
To be Written at Provincial Centres
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) and the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education are running an annual National Science and Mathematics Olympiads with the aim of identifying talented students and encouraging them to take up these subjects and disciplines as they progress in their education career. The subjects on focus are Advanced Level Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics. Science and Mathematics affect virtually every component of our everyday lives, thereby making it imperative to equip the future generation leaders with requisite skills and competencies for their success in the 21st century.
OBJECTIVES OF THE OLYMPIADS
The objectives of the National Olympiads are:
• Stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Science and Mathematics Subjects;
• To develop critical thinking and flexibility in solving problems;
• To strengthen Science and Mathematics Subjects intuition;
• To foster Science and Mathematics creativity and ingenuity;
• Engage in logical reasoning;
• To develop skills to integrate content in creativity, innovation and problem solving;
• To provide the satisfaction, joy and thrill of meeting challenges.
SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS OLYMPIADS STRUCTURE
• The Olympiads shall consist of two parts: Part I and Part II.
• Part I shall be conducted from 22 to 23 March 2018 at Schools in all Provinces. Olympiads Examination papers to be collected by schools from Provincial Centres between 14 March and 21 March 2018
• Part II shall be administered on 3 August 2018 in all the 10 Provinces to those students who shall have passed Part I of the Olympiads.
• Students are allowed to write a maximum of two subjects of their choice.
NATIONAL SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS OLYMPIADS AWARDS AND SPONSORSHIP
• The National Organizing Committee is sourcing for prizes and sponsorships from the corporate world.
• The top 20 excelling students in each subject shall be awarded prizes which could be in the form of Prize Money, Kind, Trophies, Bursaries/Scholarships, International Competitions participation, etc.
• Schools with the best Olympiads shall also be awarded with certificates of participation.
• There shall be an Award Giving Ceremony in the last quarter of the year.
Subjects and Eligibility
National Science and Mathematics Subjects Olympiad, for 2018 include Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science at Advanced (A) level. It is open to both lower and upper six students below the age of 19 years in registered schools nationwide.
$100 per School
ZB BANK BRANCH: 4536 ACCOUNT: 152972-200
Kindly inform BUSE once payment has been done
Mr K. Basira or Mrs P. Muhita
Students show your talent and shine in the 2018 Olympiads!