- This event has passed.
National Science and Mathematics Olympiads 2019
9 May, 2019 - 10 May, 2019
To be written at Schools
PARTICIPANTS: ALL REGISTERD SECONDARY SCHOOLS OFFERING
SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS SUBJECTS
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) and the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education are running annual National Science and Mathematics Olympiads with the aim of identifying talented students and encouraging them to take up these subjects and disciplines as they progress in their education career. The subjects on focus are Advanced level and Ordinary level Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics and Geography. Science and Mathematics affect virtually every component of our everyday lives, thereby making it imperative to equip the future generation leaders with requisite skills and competencies for their success in the 21st century.
NATIONAL SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS OLYMPIADS STRUCTURE
- The Olympiads shall consist of two parts: Part I and Part II.
- Part I shall be conducted from 9 to 10 May 2019 at schools in all Provinces.
- Part II shall be administered on 2 August 2019 in all the 10 Provinces to those students who shall have passed Part I of the Olympiads.
- Students are allowed to write a maximum of two subjects of their choice.
NATIONAL SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS OLYMPIADS AWARDS AND SPONSORSHIP
- The BUSE National Olympiad Organizing Committee also source for prizes and sponsorship from the corporate world.
- Prizes would be awarded to the Top performers after the second round.
Schools with the best Olympiads shall also be awarded with prizes and certificates of achievement.
- There shall be an awarding ceremony in the last quarter of the year.
$250 per School for ‘A’ Level and $100 per School for ‘O’ Level
ZB BANK BRANCH: 4536 ACCOUNT #: 152972-200
Once payment has been done, kindly contact:
Mrs P. M Muhita
Mrs. M. Kanchefu
Students show your talent and shine in the 2019 Olympiads!