The General Foreman is responsible for overseeing the teams engaged in construction activities; and planning, coordinating, assisting in cost control and ensuring a safe work environment and reports to the Civil Engineering Technician.
Qualifications and Experience
- Journeyman Class 1 Bricklayer;
- Ten (10) years post qualification experience in a similar position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting plans, blueprints, and sketches of proposed structures in terms of the relevant specifications and inspecting work sites to assess project size and scope;
- Performs and records site inspections; as well as places orders, receives, and distributes materials to specified sections for future work and ensures all works are performed in accordance with approved method statements;
- Recommending repairs, supervising the maintenance of tools and equipment, and determining work procedures;
- Planning the hiring of contract equipment and operators in order to assure proper utilization; and interpreting, implementing, and enforcing regulatory requirements related to safety, environmental, and industry standards;
- Organize and monitor the work of subcontractors on site, and perform equipment and material management duties, and ensure the completion of works on time and within budget;
- Reviewing individual crew daily Job Hazard Analysis for compliance, and attending weekly crew safety meeting to make sure all employees are engaged in conversation;
- Preparing work orders and determining resources needed to complete jobs, as well as prioritizing, scheduling, and assigning work to foremen and their crews based on the extent of work required, urgency, and availability of resources;
- Sharing any Document conflict discovered with project management as soon as discovered, and ensuring all work installed meets, NEC, province, national, or any other codes that apply to the project jurisdiction;
- Reviewing initial and final cost estimates prepared by foremen for completeness and appropriateness; and authorizing requisitions for materials, tools, and equipment submitted by foremen;
- Reviewing all crew material and tool orders prior to release for delivery to project, and reporting all accidents and injuries immediately;
- Analyzing complex structural steelwork projects and recommending alternative strategies to complete the same projects;
- Reviewing project status reports prepared by foremen and reallocating resources to ensure projects are completed on time.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 20 March 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”