The COVID-19 fourth wave driven by the new (Omicron) variant is now upon us and the need to be more vigilant cannot be overemphasised. The University has put in place the following measures to ensure your safety when you come back to write your examinations on 12 December, 2021.
- All students should report to Town Campus first for screening before proceeding to halls of residences/ boarding houses. Screening will be done on 11 & 12 December 2021. The screening also applies to students who are ordinarily resident in Bindura.
- All students should bring a negative COVID-19 test obtained within 24 hours.
- Students who would have tested positive at home should isolate at home and would write their examinations at a later date. However, the affected students must write to the Chairperson of their respective Department providing a medical report from the District Medical Officer/ Doctor indicating that that they failed to write the examinations because of a positive COVID – 19 test hence they were isolating at home.
- Students are encouraged to bring their vaccination cards. Entry into University premises shall be upon production of a vaccination card.
We are all encouraged to observe the COVID-19 Prevention measures to stay safe:
- Get vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Wear a well-fitting face mask.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds and or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid gathering in poorly ventilated or crowded spaces.
- Maintain social distancing. Keep a social distance of more than 1 metre apart from the next person.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth and nose.
- Practise cough etiquette by covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing by using a disposable tissue paper or flexed elbow.
- Avoid unnecessary travels.
- Self-isolate if you have flu symptoms, fever, cough and difficulty in breathing and contact the nearest Health Facility or call 2019 for assistance.