- MSc Computer Science (University of Zimbabwe, 2011)
- BSc Honors (Bindura University of Science education, 2007)
- Currently Studying at University of Cape Town (UCT) for a PhD in Information Systems
Department of Computer Science
Private Bag 1020
Mobile: 0713 644 733
Sakala aims to be a Computer Science, Information Systems and ICT specialist equipped with teaching, planning and research knowledge, monitoring and evaluation skills that will see effective project implementations having a positive impact on Higher Education and livelihoods of underprivileged communities.
- Information Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D)
- Development Informatics, ICT 4 Education, M-Health, E-governance, ICT Policy.
- E-learning, Mobile/Computing Technologies
- Software Engineering and Project Management
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
- Information Systems.
Publications and Conference Proceedings
- L.C Sakala, Obert Muzurura and Lemias Zivanai, 2010. “The use of expert systems has improved Students learning in Zimbabwe.” Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa (Volume 12, No 3)
- L.C Sakala,T. Rupere, 2012. A multimedia cognitive principle instructional strategy to assess student competency. AEAA Conference Paper, August, Gaborone, Botswana.
- D. Ndumiyana, L.C Sakala, 2013. “Hidden Markov Models and Artificial Neural networks for spam Detection.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). (Vol. 2, No. 4).
- D. Ndumiyana, M. Magomelo, L.C Sakala, 2013. “Spam Detection using a Neural Network Classifier”. Online Journal of Physical and Environmental Science Research Vol 2(2), 28-37.
- Lucy Sakala, 2014. “Doctoral Research Presentation at a Young Scholars Programme at CPRsouth ICT Conference. Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Lucy Sakala, 2015. “ICT implementation Resistance in Higher Educational Institutions in developing countries” Doctoral Symposium at South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists (SAICIST).
- Ambassador to Computer Society of Zimbabwe 2014, 2015,2016…
- Conference Organizer for IT Women to be hosted in Africa for the first time and in Kenya, Nairobi in 2017. The Conference is for Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) of Women in Computing founded by Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology. We are doing online collaboration with women across Africa to make this event a success. Tasks given are ongoing and reported to Head.
- Affiliated to Computer Society of Zimbabwe–Assistance in getting market to run an ICDL effective center in Bindura