PhD Chemistry (University of Zimbabwe), MSc Analytical Chemistry (University of Zimbabwe)
Dr. Netai Muchanyereyi graduated with an MSc Analytical Chemistry degree in 2005, from the University of Zimbabwe and graduated with BSc (Chem, Bio) from the University of Zimbabwe. She obtained a PhD in Analytical Chemistry from University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe in 2017.
After graduating with her first degree she worked for the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education from July 2002 to August 2005. From 2005 to 2008 she worked as a Lecturer in the Chemical Technology Department at the Midlands State University, Zimbabwe.
In February 2008, she joined the Harare Institute of Technology as a lecturer in the Department of Chemical and Process Systems Engineering. In 2010 she joined Bindura University of Science Education as lecturer in the Department of Chemistry and is the current Chairperson of the Department. Her current research interests are in environmental remediation, nanotechnology and water purification. She has developed methods for preparation of lignocellulosic adsorbent materials for water purification form bio-waste.
Research interests: Environmental remediation, nanotechnology and water purification.
Current research : Development of low cost adsorbents from bio-waste and application of nanotechnology in water treatment.
- Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Tigere W, Nyoni S (2019). Preparation and performance characterisation of Ceramic/silver nanoparticle composite in water purification, International Journal of Ceramic Technology.17:1522-1530.
- Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Tshuma P, Zvinowanda C, Nyoni S (2019). Preparation, characterization and evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Al3+- modified starch nanoemulsion. Nanobiomedicine Engineering. 11(3):215-225.
- Ngwenya S, Guyo U, Zinyama N.P, Chigondo F, Nyamunda B.C, Muchanyereyi N. (2019)Response surface methodology for optimization of Cd(II) adsorption from wastewaters by fabricated tartaric acid-maize tassel magnetic hybrid sorbent. Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry.9(4):3996-4005.
- Mupa M., Zvoushe S., Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Machingauta C. (2019). Pennisetum Typhoides Based Biochar Prepared for the Removal of Methylene Blue: A Column Study. Pollution Research .38(1):44-51.
- Musuna-Garwe C.C., Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Mupa M, Mahamadi C (2019). A Modified and Validated QuEChERS method for Agrochemical Residue Analysis in Nicotiana tabacum Leaf Using Green Reagents(Ionic Liquids and Nanocarbons) Malaysian Journal of Chemistry.21(1):13-23.
- Nyoni S, Muzenda E, Mukaratirwa- Muchanyereyi N (2019) Characterization and Evaluation of antibacterial activity of silver nanoparticles prepared from Sclerocarya Birrea stem bark and leaf extracts. Nano Biomedicine and Engineering.11(1):28-34.
- Mupa M, Chimanikire S, Machingauta C, Muchanyereyi-Mukaratirwa N (2018). Efficiency of phosphoric acid and zinc chloride activated carbons prepared from strychnos spinosa (monkey orange) fruit shell for the removal of methylene blue. Indian Journal of Environmental Protection.38 (11):896-905.
- Saruchera L.Mupa M, Muchanyereyi- Mukaratirwa N, Witzleben Steffen. (2018) A study on the Pozzolanic properties of pennisetum purpureum ash Journal of interdisciplinary research. https://arc.ac
- Musuna-Garwe C.C., Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Mupa M, Mahamadi C (2018) Preparation and Characterization of nanocarborns from Nicotiana tabacum stems. AIMS Material Science. 5(6):1242-1254.
- Muchuweni E, Stephen Sathiaraj T, Masanganise J, Muchanyereyi N. (2018) The effect of RF power on the properties of Gallium co-doped Zinc Oxide(GAZO) Thin films. Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers. Dol:10.1007/s1090 4-018-0963-7.
- Gwatidzo L, Chowe L, Musekiwa C, Mukaratirwa- Muchanyereyi N (2018). In vitro anti-inflammatory activity of Vangueria infausta: An edible wild frui from Zimbabwe. African Journal of Pharmacy and pharmacology.12:168-175.
- Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N., Matitrekwe N., Nyoni S., Mupa M., (2017). Adsorption of Victoria Blue by Acid Treated maize Tassels. International Journal of ChemTech Research 10(9), 638-649.
- Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N., Mapfumo-Murehwa E., Nyoni S. Mupa M., (2017). Removal of Atrazine from aqueous solution using untreated and sulphuric Acid TreatedMaize Cobs Biomass. International Journal of ChemTech Research 10(10), 552-566.
- Mukuratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Muchenje N., Nyoni .S. Shumba M., Mupa M., Gwatidzo L., Rahman A. (2017). Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Euphorbia Confinalis Stem Extract, Characterization and Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity. Journal of Nanomaterials & Molecular Nanotechnology 6:3, DOI: 10.4172/2324-8777.1000224
- Nyoni S, Satiya E, Mukaratirwa- Muchanyereyi N, Shumba M(2017). Comparative biosorption of Pb2+ ions from aqueous solution using moringa Oleifera plant parts: Equilibrium , Kinetics and thermodynamics. African Journal of Biotechnology.16:2215-2231.
- Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Moyo J, Moyo S. (2017). Synthesis of Silvernanoparticles using wild Cucumis Anguria: Characterisation and antibacterial activity. African Journal of Biotechnology. 16: 1911-1921.
- Mupa M.*, Mapfaira E, Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N., Machingauta C. (2016). Preparation of Rice Husk Ash Silica-Hydroxyapatite Adsorbent for Defluoridation of Water: Kinetic and Equilibrium Studies. International Journal of ChemTech Research 9(9): 75-84.
- Mukaratirwa-Muchanyereyi N, Kugara J, Zaranyika M.F. (2016). Surface composition and surface properties of water hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes) root biomass: Effect of mineral acid and organic solvent treatment. African Journal of Biotechnology. 15(21):897-909.
- Muchanyereyi-Mukaratirwa, N Kugara, J Zaranyika, M.F, (2016).Thermodynamic parameters for the adsorption of volatile n- alkanes hydrocarbons on water hyacinth (Eichhornia Crassipes) root biomass.Effect of organic solvent and mineral acid treatment. African journal of Environmental Science and Technology.9: 282-291.
- Mupa M.*, Hungwe C. B., Witzleben S., Mahamadi C., Muchanyereyi N. (2015). Extraction of Silica Gel from Sorghum bicolour (L) Moench Bagasse ash. African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry 9(2), pp. 12-17. DOI: 10.5897/AJPAC2015.0503.
- Muchanyereyi-Mukaratirwa, N Kugara, J Zaranyika*, M.F, (2015). Thermodynamic parameters for the adsorption of volatile n- alkanes hydrocarbons on water hyacinth (Eichhornia Crassipes) root biomass. Effect of organic solvent and mineral acid treatment. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology.9: 282-291.
- Muchanyereyi N, Matavire N, Gwatidzo L, Togarepi E. (2014) Removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution by dehydrated maize tassels. 4(11): 5-12.
- Muchanyereyi N, Chiripayi L, Shasha D, Mupa M, (2013) Adsorption of Phenol from Aqueous Solution Using Carbonized Tassels. British Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 3(3), 649 – 661,
- Muchanyereyi N, Tindwa RM.(2012) Synthesis and characterization of Al3+ and Cr3+ carboxyethyl phosphonates and a study of their ion exchange properties. Physical Review and Research International, 2(1): 22-35.
- Togarepi E, Mapiye C, Muchanyereyi N, Dzomba P. (2012) Optimization of fermentation parameters for ethanol production from Ziziphus mautiana fruit pulp using Saccharomyces cerevisiae (NA33). International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review, 2(2): 60-69.
- Dzomba P,Muchanyereyi N (2012). Potential Antimicrobial Plant Extract Based Therapeutics from Temnocalyx Obovatus Roots. European Journal of Medicinal Plants. 2(3): 209-215.