- This event has passed.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FOOD SECURITY AND CLIMATE CHANGE
4 October, 2018 - 5 October, 2018
Participants: Academic and research institutions, farmers, policy makers, NGOS/international agencies, industry and media
The objectives of the conference are to:
- enable participants to share and exchange experiences on food security and climate change;
- identify food systems technologies and institutional and policy options that help in climate change mitigation and adaptation, and improve food security through building ecosystem resilience;
- identify effective mechanisms of partnerships for cooperation between national, regional and international agencies working on food security and climate change management;
- gain more insights into the food security-climate change matrix through application of big data analytics; and
- promote mobilization of human and financial resources to enhance regional and international cooperation on research and development activities that sustainably improve food security in the face of climate change.
Structure of conference
The Conference will combine plenary sessions, presentations of research papers in parallel sessions, thematic panel sessions, special sessions, poster presentations, symposia and exhibitions on food security and climate change research, and innovative start-ups.
Strategies on enhancing household, national, regional, and global food security and resillience to climate change; Publishable research papers; Conference proceedings book; Initiation of partnerships for research and commercialisation of innovations and research outputs
Conference theme and sub-themes
The main theme of the 1st International Conference on Food Security and Climate Change is: ‘DEVELOPING ADAPTIVE AND RESILIENT FOOD PRODUCTION SYSTEMS IN THE FACE OF CLIMATE CHANGE’.
Accepted abstracts will be placed under one of the following specific conference themes:
|Thematic area||Sub-thematic areas|
|Global Climate Change
|Simulations and scenarios; Impacts of climate change on food security, livelihoods and poverty; Climate change and disasters; Mitigation and Adaptation; Advocacy and media|
|Policy and Institutions||Policies on food security and climate change; Public-private partnerships in food security and climate change management; Agencies working on food security and climate change management; International cooperation on food security and climate change management; Farmer-centered early warning systems, policies and strategies Food AID and its implications|
|Food Production under Climate Change
|Conventional breeding, tissue culture and GMOs; Soil and water management; Floodplain agriculture; Diversified cropping systems; Invasive pests and diseases management; Livestock management; Smallholder farmers’ adaptive capacity|
|Natural Resources and Climate Change||Vulnerability and adaptation of natural resources to climate change; Impact of climate change on the environment; Integrated natural resource management; Local and indigenous knowledge systems|
|Nutrition and Post-Harvest Management||Food storage and processing; Food movement networks; Natural products characterization; Pest management|
|ICTs for Improved Food Security||Application of GIS and remote sensing; Big data analytics; 21st Century communication technologies
|1st Call for Abstracts||15 May 2018|
|Deadline for Submission of Abstracts||8 July 2018|
|Acceptance notification||From 25 May 2018|
|Early Bird Registration||30 May – 15 August 2018|
|Late registration||16 August – 15 September 2018|
|Conference||4 – 5 October 2018|
|Early Bird||Late Bird|
*This will cater for conference bag, teas, lunches, conference dinner and book of abstracts. All other costs will be borne by delegates.
Account name : Bindura University of Science Education
Bank : Barclays Bank
Branch : Kurima House
Branch Code : 2157
Account Number : 6467486