- PhD Aquatic Health (University of Johannesburg)
- MSc Aquatic Health, University of
- BSc Hons Biological Sciences (UZ).
- Jiri Z; Marufu L; Muyambo S and Jiri O (2013). Aspects of the age and growth of Oreochromis niloticus (L) and Oreochromis macrochir in Lake Chivero. Zimbabwe: Journal of Applied Science in Southern Africa (ISSN: 1019-7788) 19 (1):12-27.
- Mutambara J; Jiri O; Jiri Z and Makiwa E (2013). Agricultural Training Post Land Reform in Zimbabwe: Implications and Issues. Online Journal of African Affairs 2 (2): 38-45.
- Tazvivinga A; Jiri Z; Muyambo S; Nyamadzawo G and Gotosa J (2012). Passive Biomonitoring of Mazowe and Yellow Jacket Rivers, Zimbabwe: Use of the South African Scoring System and Habitat Assessment Index. Global Advanced Research Journal of Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ISSN: 2315-5124) 1(8):195-204.
- Nyamadzawo G; Mapanda F; Nyamangara J; Wuta M; Nyamungafata P and Jiri Z (2011). Water quality monitoring of Yellow Jacket River, Mazowe, Zimbabwe. A review. In Alicia C, Ortiz and Nancy B Griffin (eds) Pollution Monitoring. Nova Science Publishers, New York. ISBN 978-1-61209-397-0
- Mbizi Jiri Z; Marufu L; Muyambo S and Jiri O (2008). Aspects of the breeding biology of Oreochromis niloticus (L) and Oreochromis macrochir in Lake Chivero. Zimbabwe: Southern African Journal of Science and Technology (ISSN1819-3692) 3:19-31.
- Wepener V; van Vuren J . H . J; Chatiza F . P ; Mbizi Z; Slabbert L; and Masola B (2005) . Active Biomonitoring in freshwater environments : early warning signals from biomarkers in assessing biological effects of diffuse sources of pollutants. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth 30:751-761.
Major Research Summary
Investigate the use of antioxidant enzymes and the South African Scoring system in pollution monitoring from Acid Mine Drainage (AMD) and commercial agricultural activities. The Yellow Jacket River receives effluent from pyrite mining from Iron Duke Mine while Mazowe River receives runoff from surrounding commercial agriculture. The quality of the water in the two systems is being investigated by comparing biomarkers measured from the field (exposed organisms) and those organisms from a reference site