- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of the Zimbabwe, 2019
- Title of Thesis: Undergraduate student teachers’ conceptualisations of mathematical proof
- Master of Science Mathematics Education, University of Zimbabwe, 2006
- Bachelor of Education Degree Mathematics, University of Zimbabwe, 2000
- Diploma in Education Mathematics, Gweru Teachers’ College, 1995
- May 2008 – February 2021: Lecturer, Science Education – Bindura University of science education – Zimbabwe
- January 1995 – April 2008 (School teacher). Teaching Ordinary & Advanced level Mathematics
- Student learning of mathematics concepts
- Continuing professional development
- Ndemo Z. & Mtetwa D.J. (2010). Secondary school students’ preferences of contexts for learning mathematics. Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research, 22 (1), 1-15.
- Sunzuma, G., Ndemo, Z., Zinyeka, G., & Zezekwa, N.(2012). Implementing constructivist approaches in teaching mathematics. Internal Journal of Current Research, 4(05), 145-155.
- Ndemo, Z., & Basira, K.F. (2014). University Students’ conceptualizations of inferential statistics. International Journal of
Mathematics Education, 4, 11-18.
- Ndemo, Z., & Mtetwa, D.K. (2015). Negotiating the transition from secondary to undergraduate mathematics: Reflections by
some Zimbabwean students. Middle Eastern and African Journal of Educational Research, 14, pp. 67-78.
- Ndemo, Z., Zindi, F., & Mtetwa, D.K. (2017). Mathematics undergraduate student teachers’ conceptions of guided inductive and deductive teaching approaches. Journal of Curriculum and Teaching, 6(2), 75-83.
- Ndemo, O. & Ndemo, Z. (2018). Secondary school students’ errors and misconceptions in learning algebra. Journal of Education and Learning, 12(4), 690-701.
- Ndemo, Z., Mtetwa, D.K., & Zindi, F. (2018). Towards a comprehensive conception of mathematical proof. Journal of Education and Learning, 12(4),701-708.
- Ndemo, Z., Mtetwa, D.K., & Zindi, F. (2019). What should be the object of research with respect to the notion of mathematical
proof of mathematical proof. Journal of Education and Learning, 13(1),7-16.
- Ndemo, Z. (2019). High school students’ language related struggles with contextualized differential equations. Paper accepted for publication: International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, 5(1), 20-31.
- Mtetwa, D., Chabongora, B., Ndemo,Z., & Maturure, E. (2015). Features of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) of School Mathematics Teachers in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Educational Science, 8(1), pp. 135-147.
- Ndemo, Z. (2019). Flaws in proof constructions of mathematics education student teachers. Journal on Mathematics Education, 10(3), pp. 379-396.
- Mtetwa, D.K., Ndemo, Z., Maturure, E.,& Chabongora, B.C. (2019). Characteristics of Continuing Professional Learning Provisions for School Mathematics Teachers in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Secondary Education, 7(3), 77-88,
Papers Accepted for publication
- Ndemo Z (2021). Student teachers’ personal definitions of the notion of angle of contiguity in Kinematics. Paper accepted in current form by International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education (IEJME)
- Ndemo Z (2021). Mathematical argumentation as a device for problem solving: Article requires revisions indicated by editor: Journal of Mathematical Behaviour
- Ndemo, Z. (2012). Undergraduate student teachers’ conceptualisations of mathematical proof: Poster presentation. Proceedings of Southern African Association for Research In Mathematics Science and Technology Education. Lilongwe, Malawi
- Ndemo, Z. (2013). Zimbabwean student teachers’ conceptions of guided inductive and deductive teaching approaches. Proceedings of the 4th African Regional Congress of International Commission of Mathematics Instruction. Maseru, Lesotho.
- Ndemo, Z. (2017). Towards a comprehensive conception of mathematical proof. Proceedings of the International Conference of Science and Mathematics Educators. Bindura, Zimbabwe
- Workshop on teacher professional development as an ongoing process. Bindura University (FSE) 24 September 2019.
- Research Workshop .Bindura University(FSE). 15 November 2019
University of Zimbabwe Department of Teacher Education (DTE) May 2015
Dissertation Supervision ( Masters and Doctorate)
MSc Ed (Mathematics)
- Zivahama Kudzai B0219517, (2017) Exploring language barriers to the learning of contextualized differential equations.
- Matende Beauty B1547242 (2018). A practical intervention to the learning of geometrical transformations at a school in Manicaland.
- Mashonganyika Zorodzai B1547236. Challenges faced by O level students in learning Linear Programming concepts
- Pfende Hilda (2016) B1337381. Evaluating levels of mathematical intimacy and integrity among secondary school mathematics teachers
- Dzingisayi Anderson B1545109. Exploring the didactic contract in the teaching and learning of mathematics at form 4 level.
- Pausiri Sylvester B1438409 (2019) Common errors and misconceptions in learning algebra:a case of a rural day secondary school in Mashonaland Central
- Locadia Masakara. B0423476 (2017) Advanced level students concept images and modellingof factors affecting their learning of hypothesis testing
- Zindere Albert R9913933. Investigating students’ struggles with mathematical induction (2016).
- Muzondo Victor R931329G. Advanced level students’ conceptions of mathematical problem solving
- Mutsvangwa Kesare (2019) Students’ conceptions of mathematical induction: challenges and learning opportunities
- Osten Ndemo R9913940 (2016). Secondary School Students’ Errors and Misconceptions in Learning Algebra
- Mukuwe Ivy R99140 (2017). Towards an explanation for low uptake mathematics uptake at Advanced level
- Mudzimba Effort B1749508 (2019) Teacher interpretation of project based learning in Masvingo Rural Cluster D schools
- Musakaruka Charity B0319922 (2019). Evaluating O level students’ mental constructs around the concept of a quadratic equation
Prospective PhD candidates
- Sisasenkosi Dube: Working on concept paper
- Pfende Hilda: Problem conception stage
- Member of Faculty Higher Degrees Committee .(2012-2018)
- Substantive Faculty Representative to Library Committee(2018 to date)
- Member of the University exhibitions committee
- Founder Member of BUMO ( Mathematics Olympiad)
- Information and Publicity Secretary for local Zimbabwe SAARMSTE chapter
- Faculty representative to the Faculty of Science Education and Engineering(2015-2018)
- A member of UZ Alumina March 2020-10 November 2020
- Ordinary member A member of the Association of Mathematics Education of South Africa (AMESA 2012-2015)
- Public Lecture delivered at UZ: 23 April 2015
- Science and Mathematics Education Project in Mbire : 11 April 2019