Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a PhD in Climate Change, Environmental Geography, Geography, Physical Geography, Natural Resources Management, GIS and Remote Sensing or Geoscience related discipline;
- A Master’s degree passed with at least a Merit and foundation first degree in the related area of specialization are a must;
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years tertiary teaching experience;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages;
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any. Publications should be categorized into: books, book chapters, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Teach at least six (6) of the following courses both at undergrad and post-graduate level: Management of Climate Change Disasters; Biodiversity and Environmental Sustainability; Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation; Climate Change Disasters and Sustainable Development; Geographic Information Systems & Remote Sensing; Research Methods & Statistical Techniques; Environmental Policy and Legislation; Environmental Management; Environmental Hazards. Meteorology and Climatology; The Departments reserves the right to allocate the courses for teaching.
- Provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute basic and applied research in the Department;
- Supervise both undergraduate and post-graduate students in their fields of specialisation;
- Contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 12 September 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”