The main function of the Quantity Surveying Technician is to provide advice and report on and control of all commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts to the Projects Quantity Surveyor. The role includes offering support to the Projects Quantity Surveyor to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget and to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying or its equivalent;
- Three (3) years post qualification experience in a relevant field.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of preliminary cost feasibilities, approximate estimates, cost planning, Bills of Quantities, Specifications and Schedule of Rates all in accordance with relevant standards and report to the Project Quantity Surveyor;
- Preparation of draft procurement advice, tenders, tender reviews and advice;
- Preparation of various draft contract forms to both consultant and contractors;
- Preparation and administration of Interim valuations, Contractors’ claims and settlement of Final Accounts;
- Preparation and updating of standard cost databases and profiles;
- Preparation of draft contract variations to review with the Project Quantity Surveyor;
- Preparation of preliminary financial reviews in accordance with the Project Quantity Surveyor’s requirements;
- Preparation of drafts interim valuations throughout the life of a project;
- Preparation and agreement of draft final accounts;
Reviewing the cost information prepared by the Project Quantity Surveyor and identifying any errors for correction.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 20 March 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”