Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Education;
- A Master’s degree in the above fields would be an added advantage;
- A Certificate in Quality Assurance would be an added advantage;
- Good research skills both qualitative and quantitative;
- At least three (3) years relevant post qualification working experience in quality assurance and
- Experience working in a University set up would be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Quality Assurance departmental activities in conformance with the definition of quality assurance and quality standards;
- Ensure that Quality Assurance Departmental Committees apply the Code of Ethics;
- Assist in developing and implementing quality assurance and management systems and procedures for Departments;
- Monitor the performance of Quality Assurance Committees, and periodic reviews of performance through self- assessment;
- Support colleagues in Departments in applying the Quality Assurance and Assessment programmes and methodology;
- Provide hands-on operational and technical assistance to Departmental Quality Assurance teams;
- Investigate and verify quality assurance issues raised by respective constituencies;
- Resolve quality assurance issues with the assistance of the Quality Assurance Department and Quality Assurance Committee;
- Design and develop quality assurance tools and mechanisms with the assistance of the Quality Assurance Department and Quality Assurance Committee;
- Initiate and monitor the administration of data collection tools;
- Collect and analyse data using statistical methods;
- Generate appropriate reports on Departments;
- Work with Faculties and Academic Support Quality Assurance Committees on quality issues;
- Ensure that ZIMCHE Quality Standards documents are circulated and implemented by all Departments and attend meetings of respective Departmental or Faculty Quality Assurance Committees.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 1 August 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.