Reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance, the incumbent shall supervise and handle activities relating to Internal Quality Assurance Departmental Audits and review implementation of the quality assurance standards.
Qualifications and experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, Business Administration or related fields;
- A first degree in Accounting, Auditing or its equivalent is also a prerequisite;
- A professional course such as CIS, ACCA or equivalent would be an added advantage;
- At least four (4) years of relevant post qualification experience in auditing or quality assurance programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage quality assurance mechanisms, procedures and systems for use during audits;
- Ensure on-going monitoring of performance and quality in conducting periodic Quality Assurance audits and inspections;
- Support and assist the Quality Assurance Department and created audit teams in the assessment programme through providing hands-on operational and technical assistance to departmental teams during audits;
- Conduct audits for process and systems reviews in order to check on the performance of the various university departments;
- Document results and observations after audit reviews in order to develop change implementation plans where necessary;
- Review, monitor and evaluate performance of core audit processes, and follow-up on audit corrective actions;
- Revise and verify quality standards in line with the professional practice frameworks and test procedures for process design and product/service evaluation to attain quality;
- Read, analyse, and interpret existing documents and data for completeness and accuracy;
- Investigate quality issues through audits and verify the quality of services/products (graduate);
- Design and establish a Quality Assurance checklist;
- Study, evaluate and assess standards of equipment operations, product process specifications and other related issues to ensure better quality standards;
- Ensure quality in areas of operations, maintenance, services and transportation and other areas of functionalities through audits;
- Generate audit reports;
- Research, study, evaluate and advise on all Quality Assurance mechanisms and procedures for further improvement;
- Carry out audits to ensure compliance with and adherence to both internal (University regulations, standards and practices) and external (ZIMCHE & SAZ) quality assurance requirements.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 1 August 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”