The main function of the Projects Manager is to plan and supervise construction projects throughout the planning, implementation and closure stages of the project through architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and site agents and advising the Director. The roles involve aspects of organizing and overseeing construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The Projects Manager advises on construction methodologies and procedures and coordinates a team of professionals on several projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Structural & Civil Engineering;
- Four (4) years post qualification experience;
- Masters degree in Project Management would be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project designs, specifications, programme of works and budgets and advise the Director;
- Collaborate with engineers, architects quantity surveyors etc. to determine the specifications of the project;
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements,
Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities;
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations;
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met;
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies;
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities;
- Supervise the work of site agents and give them guidance where necessary;
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports;
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues;
- Organize site meetings for in sourced projects and attend site meetings for outsourced projects.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 20 March 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”