This is a Senior Management post which requires a self-motivated and results oriented Procurement Director with a proven track record of sourcing and procurement; and a strong ability to develop and implement a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process that adheres to the legislative requirements, policies and regulations. The Procurement Director shall report to the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have at least a Masters’ degree in Purchasing and Supply/ Logistics or its equivalent;
- A first degree in Purchasing and Supply/Logistics or its equivalent;
- The successful candidate must be a member of a recognized professional body such as (CIPS, ZIPS, and CILT);
- The candidate must have at least six (6) years of progressively relevant post–qualification experience as a Procurement Manager, Buyer or Purchasing Agent and must be a holder of a clean class 4 drivers’ licence;
- In addition, thorough knowledge of the Public Procurement Act and other related laws is a must.
Personal Attributes and Skills
The successful candidate must also possess the following personal attributes and skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the Public Procurement Act and other related laws is a must;
- Highly ICT literate,;
- Possess risk management skills;
- Be a proactive member of the University Management team;
- The ability to relate at the highest levels in the profession and beyond;
- Good leadership skills;
- Possession of good interpersonal skills and a character of high
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing procurement of goods and services by the University in line with procurement laws;
- Developing and ensuring implementation of the procurement plan for the University;
- Formulating internal controls around the procurement cycle and identifying and managing risks associated with procurement.
- Advising accurately and timeously the Vice Chancellor on all procurement issues;
- Conducting research on procurement, providing guidance and incorporating procurement best practices to ensure the University gets value for money;
- Giving technical advice to University committees and departments on procurement;
- Preparing bidding documents in compliance with provisions of the Public Procurement Act and Disposal of Public Assets Act;
- Preparing evaluation reports including contract award recommendations where necessary;
- Submitting all evaluation reports to the Accounting Officer with confirmation that the procurement process has been conducted in accordance with the Public Procurement Act and other applicable laws;
- Formulating work objectives, directing, supervising and reviewing staff assignments; and
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
NB:Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 7 August 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”