Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should have either a Diploma in Agriculture/Animal Health and Production/or its equivalent;
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience working with commercial poultry production (broiler/layers) or chicken breeders;
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language, Mathematics and Science.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Poultry Manager should be able to:
- Plan poultry placement cycles, biosecurity, cleaning and disinfection of poultry sheds and facilities;
- Play an active role in Poultry Project Strategic Planning and Reviews;
- Develop annual maintenance work plans including production, marketing and training;
- Develop Farm Standard Operating Procedures;
- Implement farm activities, ensuring timely purchase of machinery, equipment and poultry production inputs;
- Coordinate and supervise day to day poultry production cycles;
- Coordinate maintenance activities including engineering, equipment and infrastructure;
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning and marketing poultry products including semen;
- Interpret and implement Government and Bindura University of Science Education policies with regards to labour management and enforcing occupational health and safety regulations;
- Maintain financial and administrative records, production records, maintaining an up to date asset inventory and human resources records;
- Negotiate with relevant Government Departments, banks, and input suppliers to obtain equipment and inputs loans or contracts on behalf of the University and linking the Poultry Project with potential partners;
- Prepare weekly reports and financial statements.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 5 June 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”