The successful candidate must observe high levels of confidentiality, be reliable, flexible, organized and possess good verbal and written communication skills. The incumbent should also be highly computer literate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a recognized first Degree in Social Sciences, Administration or Business Studies;
- Applicants must also possess a qualification in Secretarial Studies such as Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent from a reputable institution;
- Further, applicants must possess five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language;
- Knowledge of University structures or experience in an educational set up and at least seven (7) years post qualification experience are also prerequisites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate the Head of Department’s appointments and meetings (Diary management);
- Ensures relevant Head of Sections present monthly management reports outlining progress agreed;
- Review and screen all official correspondence and telephone calls, draft responses accordingly;
- Organize the Head of Department’s files in hard and soft copies;
- Research and be an information bank (media and internet);
- Effectively filter information and do preliminary drafting of correspondence on the Librarian’s behalf;
- Preparing papers for meetings;
- Attend to queries from staff members;
- Budgeting and management of the petty cash;
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources.
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 6 June 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”