Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a PhD in Development Studies, Rural and Urban Planning, Environmental Science, Climate Change, Environmental Geography or related discipline;
- A Master’s degree passed with at least a Merit and foundation first degree in the related area of specialization are a must;
- Aapplicants must have a minimum of two (2) years tertiary teaching experience;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages;
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any;
- Publications should be categorized into: books, book chapters, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants must be able to:
- Teach at least six of the following courses both at undergrad and post-graduate level: Monitoring and Evaluation of Development Projects; Project Management; Development Theories; Demography and Development; Development Planning; Rural Planning and Development; Urban Planning and Development; Rural and Urban Livelihoods, Governance and Development; Environmental Change and Development, Public Policy; Development Policies and Planning; Development Institutions; Regional Development; Agriculture and Development Climate; Geographic Information Systems & Remote Sensing; Research Methods; Humanitarian Response Planning and Management; Environmental Management; Environmental Hazards; Disaster and Development. The Department reserves the right to allocate the courses for teaching.
- Provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute basic and applied research in the Department;
- Supervise both undergraduate and post-graduate students in their fields of specialisation and conduct collaborative research and be involved in University Service, innovation and industrialisation as well as community outreach;
- Contribute to the achievement of the University mandate through teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 5 June 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”