Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should be a holders of a PhD degree in Sports Science/Management or studying towards a sport-related doctoral qualification;
- Hold a Master’s degree in Sports Science/Management passed with at least a Merit;
- Foundation first degree in a sport related learning area;
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years’ University teaching or sports industry experience;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages;
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any. Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicants must be able to teach at least six (6) of the following courses at postgraduate level:
Sports Science: Psychology of Exercise, Sports Psychology and Motor Learning, Sports Performance Analysis, Biochemistry of Physical Activity, Biomechanics of Human Movement, Nutrition for Health and Exercise. Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Testing and Measurement in Sport, Long Term Athlete Development, Sports Coaching Pedagogy and Practice, Kinathropometry;
Sports Management: Sport Finance, Sports Marketing, Corporate Governance for Sports Managers, Human Capital Management in Sport, Sports Law and Ethics, Sports Technopreneurship, Strategic Management in Sport, Communication and Media Relations in Sport, Facilities and Events Management, Safeguarding in Sport, Stakeholder Management in Sport, Sports for Development;
Sports Speciality Modules: Athletics, Cricket, Football, Karate, Rugby, Table Tennis, Tennis, Swimming.
The department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- To contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation;
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute basic and applied research in the Department;
- Successful applicants must be able supervise undergraduate or postgraduate students in their fields of specialisation.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 1 August 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”