Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Master of Science degree in Plant Science/Botany or related discipline passed with a merit or better class; and
- At least two (2) years of tertiary level teaching experience;
- A PhD in Plant Science/Botany would be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Teach the following courses: Systematics and Taxonomy, Evolutionary Botany, Plant Physiology, Plant Form and Function, Plant Ecology and Molecular Systematics;
- Contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate students;
- Initiate, develop and conduct research independently and jointly;
- Provide academic leadership and perform any other duties assigned by the Department.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 10 October 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623,0772154882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”