Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should hold a Masters Degree in Optometry and a Bachelor of Science degree in Ophthalmic Optics or Optometry;
- A PhD in Optometry or related field would be an added advantage;
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years University experience teaching Optometry courses and be able to teach in English.
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds would be added advantages;
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any;
- Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applicants must be able to teach at least six (6) of the following courses at undergraduate level:
Human Anatomy and Physiology, Foundation Mathematics, Introductory Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Introduction to Optometry, Geometrical Optics, Psychology in Health Care, Microbiology, Ocular Anatomy and Physiology, Ocular Pathology, Binocular Vision, Clinical Optometry, Ophthalmic Optics and Dispensing, Clinical Optometry Instrumentation, Contact Lenses, General and Ocular Pharmacology, Physiological Optics, Contact Lens Clinic, Clinical Optometry, Pediatric and Geriatric Optometry, Binocular Vision Practical, Practice Management and Jurisprudence, Contact Lens Clinic, Clinical Medicine in Optometry, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Low Vision, Environmental and Occupational Optometry, Advances in Optometry;
- The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- Contribute to the achievement of the University mandate through university teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute to basic and applied research in the Department;
- Successful applicants must be able to supervise undergraduate students in their fields of specialisation.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous/current employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 21 November 2022.
For more information please visit the University website www.buse.ac.zw or phone (+263) 66210 7531-2, 7622, 7623, +263772154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”