Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD in Nursing or any other closely related field and a Master’s degree in Nursing Science (Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing);
- Holders of relevant Master’s degrees who are currently studying towards PhD qualifications in a health-related area can only be considered for employment on a Temporary Full-Time basis.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years University teaching experience;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages.
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page number details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any. Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc;
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Teach at least six (6) of the following courses at undergraduate level to conventional and block students:
Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing, Applied Neuroanatomy and Physiology, Research Methods, Health Assessment, Health Planning, Pharmacology, Sociology for Health and Psychology for Health, Nursing Administration;
- Provide academic leadership, initiate, guide and contribute to the enhancement of research and entrepreneurial activities in the Department;
- Supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate students in their fields of specialisation;
- To contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 12 September 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”