Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must hold a Doctoral Degree in Cultural Heritage Management, Museum Studies, Archaeology, Anthropology, African Cultural Studies or other related fields;
- A Masters degree in Cultural Heritage Management/Studies, Museum Studies, Archaeology, Anthropology, Records and Archives Management or related field and a first degree in Archaeology, Heritage Studies, African Cultural Studies passed with at least an upper second class (2.1) are also prerequisites;
- Applicants who can show some progress towards acquiring a relevant Doctoral Degree may be considered;
- Applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years University teaching experience;
- Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher and Tertiary Education and proven record of practice in Archaeology, Museums and other Cultural institutions would be added advantages.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicants should be able to:
- Teach at least three (3) of the following modules:
The Rock Art and Other Forms of African Art; Archaeology and Geographic Information Systems; Forensic Archaeology; Anthropology and Ethnographical Collection Studies; Underwater Cultural Heritage; Issues in Museums and Heritage Studies.
The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- Advise students, collaborate with Faculty on research within and across Departments;
- Contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals, seek and obtain external funding;
- Supervise students’ projects and dissertations.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 10 October 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”