Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Medical Microbiology/ Health related discipline;
- Must have a Post Graduate Diploma in Infection Prevention and Control or any related qualification and knowledge in the area of Public Health is highly recommended;
- Must be registered under the Health Professions Authority of Zimbabwe and have a current Practising Certificate;
- Teaching experience at a tertiary institution is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Administer and teach Infection Prevention and Control courses including the following: Microbiology, antimicrobial resistance and core courses of Infection. Prevention and Control; Surveillance, epidemiology and research methodology, as well as carry out tutorials for other courses offered in the Department;
- Mark assignments and examinations; and to initiate, develop and conduct research independently and jointly;
- Link the Department with national and international professional Organizations;
- Contribute to the achievement of the University mandate through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- Participate in University service and extension, as well as perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for a successful candidate.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 28 November 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”