Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Master of Science degree in Biotechnology/Microbiology/Genetics or related discipline passed with a Merit or better class, and;
- At least two (2) years of tertiary level teaching experience;
- A PhD in Biotechnology/Microbiology/Genetics would be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates are expected to:
Teach the following courses at Undergraduate and Masters level: Recombinant DNA Technology, Principles of Microbiology, Principles of Genetics, Virology, Immunology, and Genetic Engineering; The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- Contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Depar tment through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate students;
- Initiate, develop and conduct research independently and jointly;
- Provide academic leadership and perform any other duties assigned by the Department.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates. APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 10 October 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”