Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should have at least a Master’s Degree in Banking and Finance or its equivalence passed with at least a Merit Degree Class;
- A PhD degree in the field of Banking, Finance, and/ or Investment will be an added advantage;
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years University teaching experience;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages;
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any. Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicants must be able to teach at least six (6) of the following courses to undergraduate and postgraduate level students, both conventional and block students. These courses include, but not limited to Financial Mathematics, Financial Modelling, Financial Engineering, Financial Econometrics, Banking Law and Practice, Development Finance, International Finance and Strategic Financial Management.
The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute basic and applied research in the Department;
- Successful applicants must be able to supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate students in their fields of specialisation;
- To contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation;
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 1 August 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”