Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Audiology/Hearing Science and Rehabilitation;
- Must be registered under the relevant regulating board and have a current Practising Certificate;
- A PhD in Audiology or Hearing Science and Rehabilitation would be a distinct advantage;
- Teaching experience at a tertiary institution would be an added advantage;
- Ability to teach in English.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Carry a teaching portfolio in the area of adult and paediatric aural rehabilitation (i.e. diagnostic assessment, hearing technology, tinnitus assessment and management), clinical audiology etc as well as carry out tutorials for other courses offered in the Department;
- Contribute to the achievement of the University mandate through university teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- Mark assignments and examinations;
• Initiate, develop and conduct research independently and jointly;
- Oversee student progress in both academic and clinical education;
- Link the Department with national and international professional organizations;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- The University reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous/current employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 21 November 2022.
For more information please visit the University website www.buse.ac.zw or phone (+263) 66210 7531-2, 7622, 7623, +263772154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”