Qualifications and Experience
- The applicants must have at least a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering/Systems or any related field;
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Engineering/Mechanical Engineering;
- A PhD in the relevant field would be an added advantage;
- Membership of a professional body such as the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers is preferred;
- Applicants must have at least two (2) years tertiary education teaching experience;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds would be added advantages.
Duties and Responsibilities
The applicant should be able to:
- Teach the following courses: Thermodynamics and Heat transfer, Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Design, Control systems, Theory of Structures, Workshop Processes and Practices and Theory of Mechanisms of Machines. The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- Contribute to the achievement of the University mandate through teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- Supervise students’ research/design projects and contribute to industrial training of students.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 24 July 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”