Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants should hold a Master of Science degree in Sports Science/ Sports Management passed with at least a merit and a foundation first degree in a sport-related learning area;
- A PhD degree in Sports Science/Sports Management or studying towards a sport-related doctoral qualification would be an added advantage;
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years of University teaching or sports industry experience or proven exceptional Sports Science laboratory/innovation skills;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the achievement of the University mandate through teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialization;
- Applicants must be able to teach at least four (4) of the following courses at undergraduate or postgraduate levels:
Sports Science: Psychology of Exercise, Sports Psychology and Motor Learning, Sports Performance Analysis, Biochemistry of Physical Activity, Biomechanics of Human Movement, Nutrition for Health and Exercise. Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Testing and Measurement in Sport, Long Term Athlete Development, Sports Coaching Pedagogy and Practice, Kinanthropometry, Environmental Sustainability in Sport, and Sports Engineering.
Sports Management: Sports Finance, Sports Marketing, Corporate Governance for Sports Managers, Human Capital Management in Sport, Sports Law and Ethics, Sports Technopreneurship, Strategic Management in Sport, Communication and Media Relations in Sport, Facilities and Events Management, Safeguarding in Sport, Stakeholder Management in Sport, Sports for Sustainable Development.
Sports Speciality Modules: Athletics, Cricket, Football, Karate, Rugby, Table Tennis, Tennis, Swimming.
The department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- Successful applicants must be able to supervise undergraduate or postgraduate students in their fields of specialization;
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals, seek and obtain external funding;
- Invigilate University examinations.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 24 July 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”