Qualifications And Experience
Applicants must be holders of the following qualifications and experience:
- A Masters degree in Accounting/Masters in Business Administration/Masters in Buiness Leadership/Master of Science in Strategic Management or any other relevant Masters degree;
- An Internal Auditing/Accounting undergraduate degree or its equivalent;
- A professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CIS, CPA,CA, ICAZ is a requirement;
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant post qualification experience in a risk and audit environment;
- A member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or a registered Public Accountant;
- Knowledge of best corporate governance practices and accounting packages is essential;
- Experience in a Tertiary Education institution would be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing and reporting on the adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other control systems for University;
- Monitoring of compliance with established policies, plans, procedures and with the best corporate governance practice;
- Carrying out operational audits and special investigations;
- Determining the extent to which the University’s assets are being accounted for and safeguard from losses;
- Reviewing the reliability of the Management Information Systems (MIS) employed within the institution;
- Supporting the Leadership Teams in preparation for external audit;
- Proactive assessment and mitigation of all forms of business risk
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 12 September 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”