Bindura University of Science Education is seeking an Innovation Hub Manager.The successful candidate will report to the Director Research and Innovation, and shall be responsible for the overall management of the Innovation Hub. The Hub seeks to be a catalyst for the provision of goods and services by unlocking Intellectual Property through commercialization of research and innovation outputs.
Qualifications and Experience
- An Undergraduate and a Masters degree from a recognized University/Institution in any of the following disciplines: Natural/ Applied Sciences/Management/Administration/Marketing/Finance;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ working experience of which two (2) years’ experience must be in research, innovation and/or management of a business venture;
- A qualification in Entrepreneurship and Innovation; and/or Cross- industry experience will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
Ideally, the successful candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Proven ability and intelligence to identify and analyse trends, issues and concepts in the technological space;
- Project management skills particularly, the ability to follow multiple and multi-faceted innovation projects;
- Disposition to taking the first steps and inspiring others to follow;
- Eagerness to find new information and a propensity to deep-diving into new domains and unknown territories;
- Ability to manage failures and expectations;
- Fast and curious – a goal getter;
- Good communication and ICT skills.
Duties and responsibilities
The Innovation Hub Manager shall mainly be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Innovation Hub;
- Coordinating the development of Innovation Hub processes and procedures;
- Administering Innovation Hub programmes including collating and processing information;
- Liaising with professional service providers, Departments and units as required;
- Promoting a discovery capability of the Innovation Hub by facilitating activities that create, recognize, elaborate, and articulate research and innovation activities to result in prototypes;
- Creating a conducive environment and platform to launch researchers and interns into the research-innovation-industrialisation ecosystem;
- Providing strategic leadership in the organisation, utilisation and management of space, equipment, resources and schedules of activities at the Innovation Hub;
- Providing mentorship and technical advice in the development of result-oriented Innovation Hub partnerships, systems and processes;
- Promoting an entrepreneurial ecosystem among Innovation Hub researchers, interns and partners;
- Implementing the University’s policies and procedures for operation of the Innovation Hub in line with Education 5.0;
- Performing other related duties, as assigned by the Director Research and Innovation.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education.
P Bag 1020