Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should have a National Certificate in Professional Cookery/National Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality/Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management/Certificate in Hotel and Catering Studies/Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management/Certificate in Professional Cooking and Culinary Arts/Certificate in Bakery Studies;
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level subjects and three (3) years relevant post qualification experience as a Cook is a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check freshness of food and ingredients;
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Cooks and other food preparation workers;
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food;
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals;
- Inspect supplies, equipment and work areas for cleanliness and functionality;
- Hire, train and supervise Cooks and other food preparation workers;
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies and monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards;
- Any other work related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 12 September 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”