Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should have a minimum of a National Diploma in Professional
- Cookery/National Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality/Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management/Diploma in Hotel and Catering Studies/Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management/Diploma in Professional Cooking and Culinary Arts;
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level subjects including English Language;
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant post qualification experience as a cook is a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check freshness of food and ingredients;
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Cooks and other food preparation workers;
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food;
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals;
- Inspect supplies, equipment and work areas for cleanliness and functionality;
- Hire, train and supervise Cooks and other food preparation workers;
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies;
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for a successful candidate.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 28 November 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”