Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should have a Diploma in Animal Health and Production;
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience with Farm Animals;
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language, Mathematics and Science.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Goat Manager should be able to:
- Plan and coordinate the Goat Project Strategic Plan and Reviews, Assist the Project Coordinator in developing Annual Work Plans including Production, Marketing and Training Plans, Infrastructure and Equipment Maintenance Plans, Staff Development Plans;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in updating Farm Standard Operating Procedures;
- Implementation of Farm Activities: ensuring timely purchase of machinery, equipment and goat production inputs;
- Coordinating and supervising day to day goat production activities;
- Coordinating maintenance activities including engineering, equipment and infrastructure;
- Inspecting equipment to ensure proper functioning and marketing goat products including semen;
- Human Resources Management: Interpreting and implementing Government and Bindura University of Science Education policies with regard to labour management and enforcing occupational health and safety regulations;
- Record Keeping: financial and administrative records, production records, maintaining an up to date asset inventory and human resources records;
- Resource Mobilization: Negotiating with relevant Government Departments, banks, and input suppliers to obtain equipment and inputs loans or contracts on behalf of the University and linking the Goat Project with potential partners;
- Reporting: Preparing weekly reports and the financial statements.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 6 June 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”