Qualifications and Experience
- Electrician Class One (1) Journeyman Certificate is a must have;
- A National Certificate in Electrical Power;
- A minimum of 5 Ordinary Level passes including English Language and Mathematics;
- At least four (4) years’ experience in construction projects and University setups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out electrical installations, repairs and maintenance in buildings;
- Estimating electrical materials for construction sites and maintenance;
- Installing electrical apparatus;
- Ensuring compliance with electrical codes;
- Maintaining equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety;
- Installing, maintaining and repairing electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems;
- Reading technical diagrams and blueprints;
- Performing general electrical maintenance;
- Inspecting transformers and circuit breakers and other electrical components;
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate testing devices;
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures;
- Advising on continued use of suitable equipment: appliances, and apparatus;
- Circuit breaker corrective maintenance;
- Adhering to and ensuring adherences to safety, health and environment regulations and standard procedures; and
- Performing any other work-related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Ability to read and interpret Civil Engineering working drawings;
- Good understanding of electrical codes and practices;
- Risk management skills; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Applicants who responded to our previous advert for Assistant Registrar, Vice-Chancellor’s Office post need not to re-apply. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 02 October 2023.