The position of Director, Advancement and Public Affairs requires someone who is dynamic, conversant with information communication technology, outgoing and able to market the University and its products. The Director shall also ensure the effective and efficient execution of efforts to grow philanthropic investment in the University from local and international sources. Key areas of focus/responsibility shall include, Resource mobilization across Africa (making friends and raising funds for Bindura University of Science Education), Public Affairs, Marketing, and Alumni Relations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Media and Marketing Communication/Marketing Management/Public Relations/Business Administration/Business Leadership/Public Administration/ Development /Institutional Advancement or equivalent;
- First degree in Media and Marketing Communication/Public Relations and Marketing/ Development/Institutional Advancement or its equivalent;
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience conducting direct responsibilities in institutional advancement arena, and at least three (3) years of which one should have been in supervisory management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Director, Advancement and Public Affairs shall be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Promotion of University products and services;
- Development and implementation of the communication strategy of the University;
- Assist in the development of communication and promotion campaigns and materials;
- Produce and distribute publications such as the Prospectus, University calendar, Annual reports, newsletters, facts and figures;
- Execute relationship-building and fundraising activities to meet the University’s resource mobilization goals;
- Implement and manage campus-based policies, processes and procedures for donor research and donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Enhance a culture of philanthropy within the University Community and its Alumni;
- Oversee University-wide media relations, including preparing news releases, statements, and other materials; encouraging media coverage of the University’s accomplishments/successes and contributions; and ensuring timely and effective handling of media calls and requests;
- Serving on University Committees as advised by the Vice Chancellor;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- A proven track record of fundraising success in Zimbabwe and beyond borders especially documented solicitation and delivery of numerous major gifts;
- Experience in higher education and/or nonprofit making sector;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the University’s spokesperson;
- High ethical standards and ability to handle confidential/sensitive gift and donor information appropriately;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with high level stakeholders such as Board members and members of the national accrediting authority as well as prospects, donors, students, faculties, alumni and University friends from all walks of life;
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the professional Code of Ethics related to advancement, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others;
- Experience in working with software applications relevant to the advancement profession;
- Competence or openness to learning the most widely-spoken languages in Zimbabwe.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 20 June 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”